Guys, How Important Is Alone Time?

I see my boyfriend frequently, but I know if it were up to me I would see him every day. Of course I know that's not possible and likely not good for the relationship, but as I feel that way, he's always the one who says no to hanging out when we end up not seeing each other.

I'm not going to nag him for more time because logically I know we're together a lot, but I'm wondering how guys generally feel about being alone, like how much alone time do you like to have, how many times a week do you want to see your girl, stuff like that.

Girls, I suppose I have the same questions for you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• To each their own. Understand alone time as you would a battery. To be one with oneself is to recenter and recharge your social batteries. His alone time to him is to disconnect from the world, yes maybe even you, to return to himself and love himself and enjoy the solitude of being alone before returning to you. Living life with some alone time also allows him to give you something from him. " hey bae I found this while i was out and about, thinking about you."

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• If he's an introvert then having alone time is probably pretty important to him. The important thing is to not take that personally (however hard that might be to do). Introverts need alone time to recharge their batteries, so to speak, and it doesn't mean they don't care about the people in their lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • Alone time is very important, you don't want to come off clingy or make it seem like a chore to go hang out with you. Also the fact that he may be going through something's or thing about his future, we all need our space, some more frequent than others

0|1
    0|0
  • Different for every guy but I need some alone time. Doesn't mean my girlfriend needs to hide, just that I need to be able to do things for myself. If she is there doing her own thing, thats fine too.

0|1
    0|0
  • when I really like her... like she's the one kinda girl --> I and I suppose men in general put a lot of time into her... cause she's amazing

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I like my alone time, just to unwind from everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Has it's place

0|1
    0|0
  • It is good to give each other space.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very to an extent maybe 1 or two days a week