What do I do about my boyfriend who is USING me?

Hi guys, thanks for clicking on this question. I'm in serious need for help. Basically, when my boyfriend asked me to be his girlfriend, apparently he told my best guy friend (who is his best friend) and a couple of my girl bestfriends that he's only dating me for popularity. So I talked to him about it and he said he never did and then he asked me to be his girlfriend and I accepted because I believed in him.
A couple of days ago, I realised he hasn't been wanting to kiss me or anything and I have a feeling he is using me for popularity. All my friends say this and also my guy best friends. WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO? Strangely, I still like this boy so much, I don't know if I'm going to break up with him or what? What is even going through his thick skull? He is always so sweet to me by holding me and holding my hand, hugging me always, etc, why and how would he do this to me? WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT IT?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Since your boyfriend and your friends have conflicting statements, there are 2 possible realities:

1. He is saying you because his feelings are genuine, and your friends are either lying or mistaken.

2. Your friends are right, and he's just playing you.

I don't know how you can figure out who is right here.

You could say that because multiple people corroborated what he said to them, then that is the more likely scenario; that he's dating you for popularity.

The problem is, if he was honest with you, and you don't believe him, that could damage your relationship, and you may have regrets about it in the future. On the other hand, if he's just using you, that's also a problem.

Based on what you said, if I were in your shoes, I would give him the benefit if the doubt, but have a serious discussion with him about that. You should try to investigate what is going on.

Remember, you're dating a teenage boy. You are more likely more mature than he is, and as a young woman, society encourages you to be in touch with your feelings. For us guys, a lot if the time we have a difficult time expressing ourselves especially during our teenage years.

Just be patient, and try to work things out with him. If you know beings a reasonable don't that he's using you, just end it. More importantly, know when to quit, and when you do, know how to quit.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Do you enjoy being with him? If so then enjoy it. Whatever you do, don't worry about it. If you want that kiss, steal it from him. His reaction will tell you a great deal about what he really thinks

0|0
    0|0
  • Whether you like him or not is academic. If relationship harms you in any way (which it does, since you have complaints), you should either solve it, or get rid of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well.. It's Ab bit tricky thing,..

If yo guy is someone with the inferiority complex, then it might hav happened like this,..

"he loves u a lot but he's shy to admit it infront of everyone. Instead he trys to act smart and tells everyone that he's just using u," try putting up a fake qurel with his fault (he must feel it as his mistake), and stop talking for a couple of days,.. And see if he comes back. If he dose, he loves, but if he fakes it ull get to kno,.. And if he ignores u,.. Then it time u move on,..

0|0
    0|0
  • do a closure,

talk to him if u both can find a mid way then its good
    else moveon

0|0
    0|0
  • you are not a tool ger away from him..

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes