Friend's boyfriend is being childish, needy, and possibly manipulating her? What should she do?

stealthyfart
I've been asked for advice by my close friend.

So, she missed a call from her boyfriend. She's balls deep in a masters degree essay right now which has to be handed tomorrow. He calls her. She misses his call cause she's in the zone. He blatantly accuses of her "just chilling" . (She ignored my messages too but I didn't get arsy with her cause I knew she was busy.) So, he acts all childish when she does message him. Then suddenly says "I'll stop talking don't stress out " yada yada yada. He's done this type of thing before.

For example on her birthday , she was answering the door to the postman. He calls. She ignores it. Tells him that she didn't receive the notification, he gets all defensive saying to her "are you accusing me off lying?" Another time, he tells her he's not going into uni today (She's 22, he's 27) cause he can't be arsed , he was teasing her here trying to push her buttons to get a reaction out of her.

I feel he's being emotionally manipulative here, maybe trying to see if she does care about him, i'm not sure. So the background, they met through an app (Bumble) She's very co-dependent on a guy. They both go to the same university. He's doing a PHD atm too. They've only been dating a couple of months , he's a volunteer police man which is like a special constable in the UK
+1 y
He's Muslim, so I don't know if it's part of their culture or something?
1
1