How do I tell a man?

I want this guy i like to open the door for me when i get in the car and when i get out. Also it’s his car I’m getting in and out of. How do i tell him. I really like a gentleman. On our first date i asked him to open my door for me he did but when i got home and didn’t get out too open it for me. How do i tell him this is my requirement in a man.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if you really like this then you should tell the guy but I'll tell you now that this is pretty stupid. I open doors for women, but it's more opportunistic than anything. When we get to the car, I open the door for her because that makes sense, but I've met women who will wait insider the car when we park until I come all the way around and open it for them. This is a complete waste of time as we have a show to go to and dinner reservations. Yeah, maybe saying the above comes off as a bit impatient or hurried, but frankly that attitude is why I'm able to buy whatever I want. I don't think it's a coincidence that the women I've dated who also have great careers also have no interest in waiting for a guy to come around and open the door for them.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ask him if he would be interested in doing that for you.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Really? How do i ask though! We already went on our first date i was suppose too tell him. That day

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• "How do i tell him this is my requirement in a man."

By showing him you are a lady deserving of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Straight up tell him you like a man that is respectful and will open the door for a woman

1|0
    0|1
  • Simply state that it's something you highly value. If he doesn't do this you might want to move, because beyond stating that you like this you can't do much else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the situation of your relationship, if you're having a sexual relationship, you could use that to tell him, simply by being sexy and telling how much you love a gentleman. If you are having a romantic relationship, you could use that and talk romanticly about being a gentleman, or, you could ask him if he would open the door for you. If you're honest to each other, you could just be honest and tell him that you like when men open the door. This could just make him open the door, he can ignore, or he may be disturbed though, so think carefully.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can tell them that you like a traditional gentleman

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok but how do i tell him that. I can’t just say it randomly

• you tell them that in the beginning before the date

• Well we already had our date. This weekend is it too late... i could just says i like a respect traditional gentleman, that opens and closes the door for me.

• Who does that srsly...

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, if he's not already the sort of guy who does that then your going to just irritate him. It's not a realistic expectation. Women are supposed to be equal these days, so open your own door 😂

0|4
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes