Was this appropriate?

I'm black and my husband is white. We were having a conversation today about Beyonce, and he referred to her has a whore. I told him she is married to one man, what about her makes her a whore. He then got really upset and didn't explain himself. He also believes BLM is a terrorist group. I don't feel that way. The Beyonce comment bothered me a little. Do you think he views black women as whores in general?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's a bit of big leap to make. You can still be married and act like a whore. I don't think she's a whore and i agree that BLM is full of criminals who kill innocent police, pretty much making them a terrorist group.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the belief about BLM should be more concerning.
    I also think you are taking a generalized statement he made and assuming he meant more. You should just ask him what he meant.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• What? How does having a different opinion on a political movement and a distaste for Beyoncé apply to all black women? It means he has a different opinion on a political movement (one which has destroyed cities and black businesses) and a distaste for Beyoncé

1|1
    0|0
    • Destroyed cities and black businesses?

• Show All
    • It's funny you talk about rights to live, then have all these skewed ideas of what it means. Like how you think getting a job or gathering welfare checks is easy when you are poor. Or how your 99.9% white suburb has great race relations. Or how blm is defined by a few people using it as a scapegoat. Or how black people had it better before segregation ended. If you think living in fear and being oppressed is not a reason to peacefully protest then you live with your head in the sand. Sometimes people have nothing left, nothing to lose and you try and discredit or put down their movement to live without fear. You are part of the problem, to oppose a movement centered around equal rights and treatment is racism. If it's against women? Sexism. You may not directly be racist, but you try to shut down and stereotype the same way racists do.

• I'm not going to talk in circles. We're at the stage that can be summed up as "no, you're wrong because I'm right!". That's the death flag

• Maybe. The fact he thinks blm is a terrorist group is more concerning in my opinion. It's clearly not. So I feel like there is some unjustified stereotyping there. Or in general

1|0
    0|1
    • Talking smack about a group that has a long history of violence has no bearing on his view of normal black people.

• We are doing this huh? Blm as a movement does not have a long history of violence, almost every social rights movement has a few people who use the movement as an excuse for violence. Its not what they stand for

• Yeah... that's not really my concern. What is my concern is hundreds of people looting stores, lighting fires and chanting "what do we want? Dead cops" as they March down the streets of their own city

• Lol you sure made an interesting choice for a husband, but Beyoncé isn't a hoe she should just know better cause which husband is ok with her wife bragging about there sex life? That's what I'm more concerned about, I would even want my kids walking on me and my wife make love so why make a song about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not, seem like you drew the most reasonable conclusion.

1|0
    1|2

What Girls Said 4

• LOL that whore comment was unnecessary.
    As opposed to Taylor swift and her harem of men over the years? okay then...
    The BLM terrorist group thing... hmmmm I'm gonna have to agree with him on that one.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's odd as she's married and her husband has recently admitted to cheating on her maybe he objects to raunchy outfits in videos lol blm clearly isn't a terrorist organization but some of there campaigns do get hijacked by idiots ( common within any political protest movement not remotely race related ) ultimately you know your husband so already know the answer

0|1
    0|0
  • No he probs just thinks because she is sexy on stage thats kinda whoreish. I bet hed say the same about miley or ariana. Its not a race hting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm... get a new husband

0|0
    0|0
    • Everything else he is great at. He is a great husband, im not letting him go.

• I do think you need to discuss those issues with him though. I've dated white men in the past and it's very important to me that they understand those topics. Being black is part of our identity, if they have trouble respecting it, it has to be addressed

Recommended myTakes