Was I wrong for not accepting a girls friendship after she chooses another guy over me?

A girl I was dating told me she was talking to some other guy and we should be just friends. I this came after she cancelled our date. And the day before she was telling me that she couldn't wait to see me and wanted to spend time with me. She also said I was a great guy and she liked me, also we could be something. She also told me some sexual things. She made me think that she was interested in me. So this came out of no were. I told her no thank you, I'm not looking for a friend and I wished her nothing but the best. Was I wrong to say no to her friendship?

03