Why do people think that no body would date me?

I'm a 16 year old girl, everyone is either dating or they just kinda make fun of me when I talk about me dating and it really hurts my feelings. I am kinda weird but people say I'm pretty and I'm smart and I am an artist. I'm also funny and I try not to be mean the only time I am mean is when someone is bullying me and I need them to stop. Is it because I'm quiet? or im just a loser.

212

Most Helpful Guy

• Aww. I've been there when I was a teen. It's just something teens are not conscious of nor have much of a concern for. People have the need to feel superior and whatever they think is having to do with that they'll lose sight of how you feel.

Honestly though, I never dated until I was 23 and dating has changed a lot compared to high school and college. It's not as easy as it sounds outside of those institutions. And it can get hard in college too because the lines of friendship and an intimate relationship can get blurred as everyone is going through a lot together.

So it's easy to say don't let it get to you but it's okay if it does. Acknowledge that dating or sex or anything else that people define as a stepping stone to be a man or a woman are just illusion of what society or your culture has labeled. Being a man is more than just being in a relationship or having sex, and the same goes for being a woman. You are no less or more of a person that has or has not dated or had sex.

You'll find someone interested in and that will be reciprocated back to you. It's not easy, but nothing easy is worth having. Just stay open, open minded, and passively find someone just by meeting new people through friends or you can be active by actually asking a guy you like out. The stigma of looking desperate may be there from some of your peers but just know that you have more balls and confidence than they do. And that the reality isn't that all relationships form in high school just by idling waiting for the guy to make a move. You'll see more out there, it's a crazy world but don't be afraid to be out there and get hurt it is what happens when people pursue intimacy. You learn from it and you'll get better and find better guys out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry bout what they say. If you're pretty and smart and an artist, you'll have guys swarming to date you in a couple years.