Is it so wrong to date your cousin?

I'm 22 and my cousin his 32. We haven't been close cousins and only see each other couple of times for short periods whilst growing up.
We both have feelings for each other, his scared to admit it and I have admitted it he knows.
Is it so wrong if we date knowing that we really like each other?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to me that it depends on the culture you are both from. In some countries where immigration isn't as prevalent dating your cousin is far less taboo. I guess it depends on your opinion about cultural relativism

1|0
    0|0
    • Marrying a first cousin is traditional in parts of the Middle East.

• @zagor yes it happens in middle east and some countries in Europe too.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• In some circles and royalty, nope. Also, it's backed by science studies that cousins are far enough away to not incite incest.

But if you are asking, then something must feel wrong about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's legal to date a 2nd cousin or something, can't remember it exactly. Wrong? That's up to you and your family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that’s incest. It can cause babies to have genetic mutations and isn’t normal

1|0
    0|0
  • You could get married with him nothing wrong with this.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's wrong to date a blood relative no matter what

0|0
    0|0
  • Is he your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc?

0|0
    0|0
    • 1st.

• Show All
    • But you see we've never been like two cousins because we grew up in different countries and haven't seen each other much within the years.

• You're still extremely closely related. It doesn't matter how close you are or how far you live from eachother it's still wrong.

What Girls Said 2

• That’s nasty

0|0
    1|0
    • You could have said that it's wrong rather than the word 'nasty'

• It is what it is. Why should I sugarcoat something that is wrong. Your technically related and that’s wrong. It’s something called incest. And beside that that’s a 10 yr age gap but I don’t think that’s the primary issue in this situation. Sorry 🤢

• Very wrong

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes