I'm really self-conscious around my boyfriend?

I met this guy August and all these months, we've been talking and hanging around a lot and this and that. He's with me 24/7. It was just last month we got sexually active (no sex yet though) and it's just pretty recent, like two weeks, I gave him the first handy๐Ÿ˜… We just became official a few days ago. So the point. This guy is amazing. He's 6'3, built well and he is seriously gorgeous. I don't just say that because of my boyfriend. When I first seen him I swear I nearly fainted. He was even asked to be a male model for a nearby company. I thought being self-conscious around him would go away but it got worse since we became sexually active, or official. We are each others 'first' too.
He always wants to be around me, he helps my family with stuff, he always is reasonable and mature in debates, he is sympathetic and empathetic, he says the most beautiful things and compliments me. But when he looks at me, I hate it. I hate when he purposely stares at me to tease me because I feel so ugly and want to shrivel up and die. Every time we make eye contact I feel like he's too good looking for me. I am definitely not the cutest girl. I'm like, average, maybe not even that. Seriously. He doesn't know how I feel but it's a really horrible feeling. I truly truly like this guy and he's like my best friend/lover in one package and I know he has good intentions and likes me for me but I feel so, so ugly. It genuinely makes me very sad. When he compliments me I accept it but I feel like he's lying because of how bad I feel. He's also my first boyfriend too so it makes it worse. I struggle with social anxiety pretty bad ๐Ÿ˜• What do I do? Do I tell him and express my thoughts or try finding a way to work around this personally and make myself feel better? Any similar experiences and thoughts? I have always got intimidated by good looking people, girls and guys, but this guy is actually like, my guy, and now it's seriously affecting me now.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Your first step is to calm the fuck down. Your second step is to get out of your head... your third (should you choose to accept "mission impossible theme playing in the background") is to read up on my takes. You are more than healthily into this guy and that... that is not healthy. if that guy decides to drop you... you will devastated. learn to walk the fine line. Yea... he's gorgeous... yea you feel you don't deserve him... but here you are (and i hate when girls do this shit) deciding what he feels.
    How the FUCK do you know. for all you know... you could be a slump-buster. he lost a bet. now you think he's in love but he made a deal with the fellas.

You need to back the fuck up. August and no sex... ever occurred that maybe he doesn't want to?

Now, negatives aside (im sorry), maybe he does like you, maybe he's not a shallow cunt and realizes you want something deep meaningful and lasting... how do you move forward...
    He's your Fucking Boyfriend!. from the moment you agreed, you should have know sex will be a thing. I admire that he waited. I've done the same.. but that wait changes some things and you are already insecure enough.

I can give you a couple hints on signs to tell if he's porking Becky from 2 classes away because you won't give him any... buy why? give me one reason why i should help you... and don't use cuz you are soft minded. and optimistic.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not that I am not giving him sex. We just started dating, and just became sexually active. This is my first relationship so I also need to start birth control which I'm starting very soon. I am LEARNING. I want it to be safe. I'm not giving him no sex because I'm self-conscious, the guy has basically seen me naked already and yeah I'm self conscious but I work around it and make it fun, because I like him. I mean just in general I'm self conscious around him and it's very sad for me, even if I don't show it remotely. But even if I didn't jump to it and fuck him instantly, that still gives NO RIGHT for a guy to have sex with another girl because he's impatient. Any loyal guy would wait for as long as it takes.

• Show All
    • No I'm a virgin. The only thing is as a child I was sexually assaulted but that's it (no rape.) I waited to save myself for a guy I really like.

• ur really gonna hate my Take then huh lol

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes