Single GaGers, how would you feel if a friend talked you up to one of their single friends?

Currently in this position. I’m kind of worried my friend won’t like that I mentioned her. So I guess in my doubt I turned to GaG lol😓
Updates:
My friend isn’t mad. She thought me thinking of her was funny! Hooray!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done the blind date thing and it's terrible. When the date doesn't work out, you find yourself wondering what your friend (s) who set you up actually think of you. That's a bad feeling, especially when coupled with the bad date feels. Unless your friend asked for your intervention, butt out.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My friend did this once.

At first I was mad because I didn't know the guy and I didn't ask her to show him pics of me.

Then when she said.. "He thinks you're cute."
    I was like okayyy.. so what does he look like..

It just sounds weird that 2 people are having a conversation about you.. good or bad.. it sounds weird!

But yeah I'm glad your friend wasn't mad either!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• I would think that's weird/awkward. I would never go through knowing how it could mess up the friendship if we didn't match.

Ultimately though, I've learnt to be able to meet and attract girls in many situations so I can choose who I date to find my best match and not have to have people set me up and hope it works out.

1|0
    0|0
  • These are the times when I think friendships can be sometimes a burden

1|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Oh! Then I am not the right person to comment on the situation. Sorry!😊

• No worries!

• Honestly in all truth I would be fine with that as long as the friend who is being mentioned is also okay with it. Can't really make it one sided and expect a good outcome everytime😅

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care, the more important thing is that I find that single lady friend attractive :P

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind it but everyone got different reaction you should have consulted them first

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I thought about that afterwards. I convinced the guy not to send her a random message and I sent a text to my friend. I’ve just never been in that position before I guess.

• I would totally be fine with it. It's not like I'm obligated to go out with the person but if I find them attractive then it's a win win.

1|0
    0|0
  • My buddies won't try anymore because I tend not to have a type, which makes it quite difficult to set me up with someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Medium. I could see it as a kind gesture, but I'm not Mr. Money bags so I don't see it going anywhere.

1|0
    0|1
  • All is fine as long as it doesn't come from a place of malice

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t know what to say because I have no friends 😔 and have never had a girlfriend

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean if I was single and one of my friends set me up I would try it out

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be no biggie. i would appreciate your regard for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a good idea you never know what's round the corner haha

1|0
    0|0
  • What's the context here?

1|0
    0|0
  • Can you please explain what is talking up?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd generally be OK with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd like it but people don't do that much anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would want her picture first

1|1
    0|0
  • No problem...

1|0
    0|0
  • For some reason that's awkward

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• Hmm... I personally would probably be flattered, and I'd like to know what my friend said about me and I'd want to know more about the person they talk about me to 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • lol she probably feel bothered

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd wonder what gave them the right.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pissed. Sorry.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes