What do guys want from a serious relationship besides sex?

This is my first time being in a serious and committed relationship. What can I do as a girlfriend to keep my man happy every day emotionally and spiritually?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I think it's being engaged, it's one thing to say you're in a more developed stage of your relationship and prove it, now it's very situational yes but I think you just have to show him that you really are at that stage and also communication is key never be afraid to ask if things are going well or if there's anything you can do.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for answering! Could you elaborate more on what you meant by having to prove that I'm really "at that stage"? I was scared to act too committed because I didn't want to scare him off..

• Show All
    • I see what you mean! I am going to put in more effort from now on :) thanks for the advice!

• No problem, always here if you have more questions.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• It's not your job to keep him happy every day, and besides it's impossible. There's no magic thing for you to do, just be your usual kind and considerate self. Try not to refuse sex (assuming you are at that point) unless you really don't feel well. He should do the same for you. Be kind and patient. Assume he has good intentions even though he may disappoint you occasionally. (If you find out otherwise then it's probably over). Good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Keep his bals empty and his stomach full i'd say. But tat's not really true. Be yourself, talk when you want to, have sex when you want to, make him discover things about you and discover about him, just do what ever you would want him to do i guess

1|0
    0|1
  • I just wanted someone I could get along with and talk with without arguing. I'm sure most guys are different but as long both people are willing to listen to each other and compromise then I wish you both all the best

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, nothing. Nothing else.

Other times, we just want someone who is interested in the same things we're interested in, and someone who will try to truly LISTEN to us without judgement, even if she's hearing something that she personally may not like or agree with. And hopefully, we're smart enough to do the same for her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Connect with him emotionally and enjoy his interests with him surprise him and tell him how lucky u are to be with him

2|0
    0|0
  • From personal experience: There is no harm in talking about your day and what makes you unhappy, but try not to complain 24x7 and keep pointing out how everyone treats you like shit. Also every guy has this thing where he will do something absolutely mundane. Don't interrupt it. This is the time they use to get their mental energy back.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being with someone you can share valuable moments in your life with , the possibility of having an actual life partner that comfort your sorrows and be happy when you're

2|0
    0|0
  • Every guy is different. Me, I'm very simple. I want to express love physically. Not just sex, as the post suggests. Hugs, kisses, spooning, cuddling, that sort of stuff. Fun, cute couple stuff like kiss fights, tickle fights, the whole nine yards.

1|0
    0|0
  • A person that at the end off the day no matter what"would never sell you short of their true love for you". In other words a" no ditch, no quick switch, kinda real ass bitch."

2|0
    0|0
  • Be the happy part of his day... think of the big picture
    bring him food lol...

2|1
    0|0
  • Communication skills.. Negotiating how to help and share with each other.. The 'spiritual' component. This can also make sex itself more dynamic, as you can be sharing more energy physically because of the comfort and intimacy from openly communicating and enjoying a deeper connection and trust.. If you have a superficial relationship, this might also show you where the cracks and blind spots are.. But being willing to discuss honestly and negotiating your own internal workings, when both people are open on that level, it can lead to the real magic.

1|0
    0|0
  • A gal that I can have a serious connection with. That I can talk with. Be emotionally vulnerable with.

As for what you can do in a relationship. Get to know him

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself, he loved you for who you are, just love him and give him all the attention he needs, and never break his trust.

2|0
    0|0
  • Stop assuming that just because he's a man all he's interested in is sex.

2|0
    0|0
  • Your first committed at 28? Gee you're taking your time...

Those guys at the comments are right. All we ask for is LOYALTY and mother figure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be honest, faithful, sincere, committed, and very understanding.

2|0
    0|0
  • Honesty and respect! Make him a priority or i promise you he will bounce.

1|0
    0|0
  • Easy,
    1. A clean house
    2. A comfortable chair
    3. Good food
    4. Sex of course
    5. Respect
    After that it depends on his personality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Value. Appreciation if due. Intelligent converse. Support. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Just don't freak out on little things and try to to be funny and not kind of serious all the time

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes