Trying online dating apps for first time in 7 years and it's depressing! Why does nobody ever answer?

ManwithaConran
Hello... I have tried OkCupid, Tinder and now trialling Bumble and in 7 weeks nobody - and I mean, nobody - has sent a request, replied or anything. I have a lot of girl friends (colleagues, women I went to school with), 4 sisters and 5 nieces. They've all given me ideas to improve my profiles and choose the right pics. Some are on these sites and if they didn't know me already (or weren't related to me) they say they'd at the very least swipe right!

I am witty, moderately attractive (If you like Bruce Willis to be fair). So what gives? Bumble I get - 24 hours to respond is pushing it a bit (it takes 5 days for my sisters to return an urgent call) but the rest... it's a bit depressing.

Maybe it's not like the old days when on Zoosk I had to work to get a conversation going and wasn't that successful - 4 or 5 messages a week. These days that would be a blessing. Maybe it's too easy and too disposable to not even have to respond. A one finger operation. Do other men have this problem and do any ladies have any insight as to why nobody is responding? I don't mind going through a quiet patch but 7 weeks is a bit harsh...
3
20