Trying online dating apps for first time in 7 years and it's depressing! Why does nobody ever answer?

Hello... I have tried OkCupid, Tinder and now trialling Bumble and in 7 weeks nobody - and I mean, nobody - has sent a request, replied or anything. I have a lot of girl friends (colleagues, women I went to school with), 4 sisters and 5 nieces. They've all given me ideas to improve my profiles and choose the right pics. Some are on these sites and if they didn't know me already (or weren't related to me) they say they'd at the very least swipe right!

I am witty, moderately attractive (If you like Bruce Willis to be fair). So what gives? Bumble I get - 24 hours to respond is pushing it a bit (it takes 5 days for my sisters to return an urgent call) but the rest... it's a bit depressing.

Maybe it's not like the old days when on Zoosk I had to work to get a conversation going and wasn't that successful - 4 or 5 messages a week. These days that would be a blessing. Maybe it's too easy and too disposable to not even have to respond. A one finger operation. Do other men have this problem and do any ladies have any insight as to why nobody is responding? I don't mind going through a quiet patch but 7 weeks is a bit harsh...

320

Most Helpful Girl

• I decided to give online dating a go after being single a while and being sorted in my career I wanted to have someone in my life to share it with.
    So I signed up and paid up.
    And yes l had messages but they were from one extreme to another they were either much younger or a lot older.
    But those that were in my age range I did reply even if they said the most bizzar things and no reply back. So I feel it does go the other way too.
    I did get chatting to two guys one got the hump when l didn't reply back in 24hrs (WiFi died) and one which I had hopes on as he asked to meet after talking for a few weeks but then couldn't meet but would then ask again and then couldn't and after the 3rd time l gave up hope l assume he said it and didn't want to meet or maybe something else only he knows the answer.
    But once this month's subscription is up l shall go back to committing to my work hobbies and friends.
    But l hope your luck changes.

• Someone as eloquent as yourself deserved better. Some men just don't appreciate class. Sorry...

• Something we have in common!

• Lol yes.
      I've just looked Ridings up thankyou.