What are your thoughts on dating people with kids?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I have kids myself and once dated a single mother (before I had kids). The kid (s) come first, which can be hard for a childless partner to deal with; for example, when a date is cancelled because a kid is sick or hurt. There are more permutations of people that need to get along with each other, and sometimes in a situation where there is no biological father or mother in the picture.
    Then again, maybe it's rewarding to a person who couldn't/can't have kids.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be cautiously open to it

1|0
    0|0
    • Same... I feel like id be so cautious of his baby mama

• That for sure and also if we have very different ideas about parenting. I'm very strict and couldn't be with someone who lets their kids throw tantrums and be bratty.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• I've done it. Twice. Once when I was in my early 20s and once more recently. The second was a long term relationship. It's definitely harder than dating someone without kids because kids require a lot time and add a lot of restrictions to what you can do and when, but in both cases I enjoyed being with the woman enough that I was willing to accept those things in order to be with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like kids a lot, and would have no problems dating someone with kids. Honestly, the main problem would just be knowing that it'd be very hard to find time with that person, as I understand that kids almost always come first in a parent's life. That said, I'd be happy to do my part to help the child (ren) get what they want and need, so perhaps it wouldn't be much of a problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would I when there's plenty of women around with better personalities and no kids?

I'd only go for a woman with kids if I felt like she was the best of the best in most regards except making stupid choices regarding children.

In my opinion having children is a poor life choice to begin with.

0|0
    1|1
  • I would never raise another man's bastard offspring.

0|1
    0|1
    • Not gonna lie, I kinda agree.

• Damn thats a harsh way to put it 🙄 but yeah it can definitely be off putting for most men and it's definitely not for everyone...

• I’d very strongly prefer a girl with no kids, but I wouldn’t reject them in the spot. I’d keep my mind open. Especially if I had gotten married and divorced in the past.

1|0
    0|0
  • We guys always tend to watch the mature woman because of their pulply flesh in their body. If they are not getting necessary satisfaction from their husbands in the bed then obviously they start to date the young people who are sexually active.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since I've never been married or had kids I'd prefer the same for my future spouse. I have no desire to have that baggage even if the dad is out of the picture.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I feel like it's to much baggage because they will always be more involved with their other life and thats not necessarily a bad thing but I feel like in this day and age I just want to find someone who has a clean slate.

• I completely agree with you yea.

• I rather adopt a kid then raise a kid that has my wife or girlfriend genes but not mine cuz then I feel like I'm raising another man kid.

0|0
    0|1
  • No thank you
    Avoid at all costs
    Curve her harder than a F being rounded up to C-

0|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

Recommended myTakes