What are your thoughts on dating people with kids?

432

Most Helpful Guy

• I have kids myself and once dated a single mother (before I had kids). The kid (s) come first, which can be hard for a childless partner to deal with; for example, when a date is cancelled because a kid is sick or hurt. There are more permutations of people that need to get along with each other, and sometimes in a situation where there is no biological father or mother in the picture.
    Then again, maybe it's rewarding to a person who couldn't/can't have kids.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be cautiously open to it

• Same... I feel like id be so cautious of his baby mama

• That for sure and also if we have very different ideas about parenting. I'm very strict and couldn't be with someone who lets their kids throw tantrums and be bratty.