Why do guys look so unapproachable on dating sites?

Browsing through guys' profiles I've seen so many guys who look, well.. unapproachable.
They make mean faces, rarely smile. I am not talking about fake grins or anything like that.
It would be nice to see someone who looks open to have a conversation and friendly.
Why is that? I thought you guys want to meet women?

014

Most Helpful Guy

• Some studies have said that women prefer more "serious" guys. The studies claim that women are not so attracted to a guy that smiles a lot, but guys are the opposite... THEY look for a woman who has a great smile, and are more likely to contact a woman with a smile than when she looks super serious.

Don't know how much it's true, but that could be the reason. Or some of them are just really serious... or are trying to look serious and brooding because they think more women will be attracted to it. Or... they're just miserable people.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That explained why I won't meet anyone online. I like myself with more neutral face in pictures but prefer guys who smile.
      Thanks for the comment. It's good to know :)

• Now me, I'd be the idiot smiling in his photos, and not getting any interest. Lol.