Why do guys look so unapproachable on dating sites?

Browsing through guys' profiles I've seen so many guys who look, well.. unapproachable.
They make mean faces, rarely smile. I am not talking about fake grins or anything like that.
It would be nice to see someone who looks open to have a conversation and friendly.
Why is that? I thought you guys want to meet women?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some studies have said that women prefer more "serious" guys. The studies claim that women are not so attracted to a guy that smiles a lot, but guys are the opposite... THEY look for a woman who has a great smile, and are more likely to contact a woman with a smile than when she looks super serious.

Don't know how much it's true, but that could be the reason. Or some of them are just really serious... or are trying to look serious and brooding because they think more women will be attracted to it. Or... they're just miserable people.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That explained why I won't meet anyone online. I like myself with more neutral face in pictures but prefer guys who smile.
      Thanks for the comment. It's good to know :)

• Now me, I'd be the idiot smiling in his photos, and not getting any interest. Lol.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Studies actually have found women find men most attractive when they are looking thoughtful and not at the camera. They do not respond as well to men smiling or men looking directly at the camera.

You might prefer those things but you’re in the minority so men are responding to what women tend to like.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been circulated for some time that the average guy looks more attractive when they don't look happy. Stern, brooding even slightly angered. Supposedly it activates a woman's inner need for a strong protector. At least this is the conventional theories that are floating around.

"Listen Dude, don't look happy, she hates that."

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not say we make our self approachable it just like myself it hard to make a smile with out it looking fake. I've trying many date sits and I find that a lot of women describe they type of guy I am but when I message them. i never get a response. Just cos we may not smile in a photo does not mean we are unapproachable

0|0
    0|0
  • The best guys aren't listed at the dating sites =D. And those who are, are most probably spotty virgins =D

0|0
    0|0
  • Try me. Well read some of the woman's posts on sites they are demanding or unreal requests for the perfect man most of us are well past broken so are the bitter opposite sex man that's a lot of work

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd guess that the photos accurately reflect the guys' personalities or general moods if they're single and having a difficult time meeting women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think most guys just put up a neutral resting face. I'm not really a smiley type of person for pictures, but I'll throw in a smile if I'm talking to people irl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats funny you pointed that out! I think guys have a tendnecy to think they hafta look tougb or girls with think we are weak and not manly enough for them

0|0
    0|0
  • I think many profiles don't apply. But other men might do it because they think women might find it sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they come on that sites... to make some friends and even to find a date.. . but they don't want to act like a creep... and message everyone...

0|0
    0|0
  • Many of us have read dating advice that says a stern look is sexiest.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its quite the opposite !

0|1
    0|0
  • Why are there so many women on there with masters degrees? Makes them look unapproachable too indirectly, some people don’t realize what looks more approachable on there, or their standards are so high and hard to reach , dating sites are very hard to find someone so there are going to be all types

0|1
    0|0
    • I’m a man with a double masters, and women won’t approach me on dating sites. I don’t set my standards high at all. I have seen some women do exactly what you are saying, but not all of us with advanced education do that, and never get approached by a woman.

• Show All
    • I don’t throw my education around. I have always found that to be condescending. I know people who do, and they don’t have any common sense. I would rather use my common sense when approaching a woman rather than using just my educational status.

• @2tall2handle Yeah that’s definitely a better way of going about it and some don’t have common sense for some reason like you said

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes