I went on his Facebook messages, is he going to hate me forever?

kristina__882
So I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 26. One day while he left his apartment I had gone on his computer to check my Facebook to see my work schedule. When I got there his account was still logged on. I was about to X out when a message popped up and brought me to his other messages. Being stupid bored and curious I started clicking through just wondering who he was talking to. Obviously I wasn't looking for anything and didn't find anything but I was so mad at myself for betraying his trust and invading his privacy.
The next day he asked if I went on his computer. I said yes but just to check my Facebook. He asked if I did anything else and I said no.
He was acting really weird the next day so I asked him what was wrong and he said he feels like I'm not being honest about the computer thing. So he asked again and I told him I went on and a message popped up and brought me over to his messages. He asked if I clicked on any and I said no. He asked again and I finally said yes that I did click on messages.
Obviously he was super angry at me. He didn't talk to me for a couple days and if he did he was super short.
A week later I surprised him on his break with his favorite foods and stayed long enough just to make sure he got it. He was super smiley and kept texting me about how sweet it was. Then he stopped responding. Didn't say a thing for almost two days.
I asked him yesterday if we could talk on the phone and he said "doubtful". So I asked him later that night if we could at all this week and he said he could at 5 today.
We talked for an hour and he was mostly just mad I lied to him twice, that I opened old messages with this girl he already told me not to worry about, and that I "thought he wouldn't find out". What can I do to fix this? It seems like things are somewhat getting better because before when I asked to call he said he didn't want to talk to me.
+1 y
Also, I got him the most perfect Christmas present. He's going back home before Christmas. Should I drop off his present to him before he leaves or should I wait until he stops being mad?
+1 y
So I gave him the present and he LOVED it! He kept texting me about how amazing it was and he was using smiley faces and he seemed really happy and he even double texted me after I fell asleep so it seemed like he really did want to talk. Things were fine yesterday as well but today I'm not sure what she going on but he's being really short and responding with one word and now he left me on read. ? What is happening
5
2