Is a relationship between an 18-year-old and a 27-year-old weird?

Mlily55
I am an 18 year old girl currently dating my 27-year old coworker. It was a slow process of denying attraction on both sides and then finally caving to go on a date and eventually entering a relationship. He has two kids ages 7 and 4, whom he had custody of two days a week. I am frequently mistaken for being older and am financially independent and stable, living on my own since graduating high school. Most people that meet me say I’m oddly mature for my age. I hesitate taking my boyfriend to meet my parents, seeing how he’s 8 1/2 years older than myself, and both his and my friends think it’s kind of weird. Occasionally I find myself slightly weirded out when I think that it’s only been 6 months since I graduated high school and nearly 10 years for him. Is it weird or am I starting to unnecessarily let other people’s opinions get to my head? I really love this man and he is very good to me.
20
3