Sometimes I want to ask my boyfriend for an open relationship?

I just hate that i am so young. I am only 20 and my boyfriend is 25. He got to live the life of being young and hooking up and not taking things seriously. However, i have been with him for 1.5 years. I just started school at a 4 years University this fall, and sometimes i just want a new experience. I want to be able to go out and have sex with friends i find attractive, or party and have fun being young. But, i also love my boyfriend dearly. He is a great guy, but i just want to be young and have fun, and be desired !!

My boyfriend has mentioned during a discussion that he would forgive me for cheating ( but this DOES NOT MEAN I WILL CHEAT!!) but, this shows to me the kind of person he is. Someone who is forgiving and loving - so, i feel if i asked him for an open relationship, he’d maybe agree? It isn’t that he isn’t enough for me, but i just want to be young and have fun. Maybe i should break up :/

126

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh boy. So much wrong with this.

1. Do you not see this as a red flag that your boyfriend says he would be ok with you cheating? Doesn't that seem like he isn't really committed?

2. Did you consider just going all out yolo-lifestyle will take away from a proper future love and companionship? (because it does)

3. Did you think about what you REALLY want?

4. Did you really think about why you want random, unemotional sex? Is it something you truly want or is it just the forbidden fruit?

• He said to me, during a conversation we were having with a friend (we were talking about her and her boyfriend and how he’s at a wedding). I asked my boyfriend “if i got drunk and cheated, you would forgive me?” And he said “yes i would! What is so wrong with me forgiving a mistake?” I told him, i don’t think you should forgive me for cheating, even if drunk.

Cheating, and having open relationships are different. And no, i don’t want random sex with random people.

I said, i want to have sex with whoever i want to. Whether they be people i know, or friends (male or female)

• I don’t think it does. I wouldn’t forgive my bf:/ But, despite what most people believe from my question - i am not the type to cheat.

• I didn't imply you were cheatnig. I was implying you to take a step back and think of the consequences of all of this. And if you think about it honestly, then the consequences will outnumber the pros most likely.

And with the 2nd point I meant that an increase of sexual-partners directly decreases your chance of long-term partnership and commitment. There is a lot of statistical evidence about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• So you want to share your darling? If you are ok with it, fine.