How do you deal with your previous crush, potential dates or Tinder matches when you got into a new relationship?

Do you keep in touch with these people?
Keep as Facebook friend with little to no contact?
Chat up only with innocent "hey how have you been" messages?

Most importantly do you tell your new SO, if there is one or more major (eg turned into friends with benefits for a while, almost actually dated etc)?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think everyone on Tinder understands, people get into relationships and I would just monitor that they are respectful of your relationship. If they starting flirting and interfering, then delete them. What you don’t want to do, is carry around an inventory of guys you keep as potential options should things not work out. It’s just really lame and boyfriends know what’s going on, no, they aren’t “just your friend” and you don’t want to go down that road. We aren’t stupid, it’s all about your intentions, as we know theirs, Just be very honest is all with him, and yourself

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I agree that respect is key. One of the girls my current boyfriend used to have a crush on, she is very respectful about his new relationship (ie me) but they only kept in touch because they happen to be learning a new sport around the same time :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just stop talking to them, it's unfair to keep talking to any crushes, you're not giving your boyfriend a chance. Maybe message any friends with benefits and explain you've got a boyfriend so you're out of the game for now

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I stopped using my dating site accounts once I entered a relationship.

I stopped contacting all the other gals I was talking to.

Put that energy into the relationship :)

0|1
    0|0
    • What if the other girls contacted you, but only on a friendly/platonic/"how are you" basis?

• I'd reply, and weave something about me having a girlfriend.

• I dont see the point of keeping tinder matches and hookups and fwbs in life while having a partner.
    And you should tell them so that they have the full information to decide if they are comfortable with it or not before getting into a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't bring old relationships into new ones first off. Second off, create boundaries and expressed limits in your relationships as you get into them, as they change, or whatever, step by step and stage by stage

0|0
    0|0
  • You stop pursuing your previous crushes in a romantic sense, delete your Tinder account and become all transparent about both of them with your partner, so that he/she and you can have a relationship based on honesty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its fine to have that as long as you have total transparency and honesty with everyone (including your new relationship)

0|1
    0|0
  • We all have our different process, you have to find yours. Sometimes meaningless sex makes you okay and sometimes you need alone time.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're called a 'backup plan'. Every girl has them. Tell about them at your peril.

0|0
    0|0
  • You dont have to break contact if you dont want to. It is all up to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use tinder women that use tinder are human trash

0|0
    0|1
  • Just break older contact get newer one just talk or reveal based on her behaviour

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell them that I'm already dating someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to tell my girl about all my crushes and also mentioned of the best one of them... i told her if ever things spark between me and my ex crush... then and there we end up things...😂😂
    But i guess i could tell her all this because she was my bestie as well!

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes