Does what a girl wears make her a "target"? Should it matter?

My friend believes crop tops are immodest and what a girl wears could make her a target.

If we are not talking about career wise, just what someone wears out in public, should it matter? Does what a girl wearing attract an audience.

How can a girlfriend respond to a boyfriend saying this?

110

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a very slippery question as you can easily devolve into it being misunderstood.

What people wear should never attract harassment. But you do set yourself up for heightened attention in certain outfits. That isn't a bad thing per se, but people often forget the instinctual response to attraction.

I do not think crop tops are immoral, but if you aren't comfortable with people ( politely! ) looking at how you look from an attraction perspective, maybe you should adjust your styling a bit.

All that said:
    There is zero right for anyone to harass people because they dress a certain way.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't make her a target per say but just remember that if you are gonna dress skanky or with little clothing then you have to take the attention that comes with it. If men stare at you like a piece of meat then it is on you.