Is it a bad thing that I'm 18 and have never had a girlfriend?

I feel bad because of this. All my friends and older brothers can get girls, but I can't. I can't because of how shy and awkward I am around most girls. If I am around a girl who is attractive that I don't know, I simply shut down. I don't know what to say or do and my voice is very monotone.

06

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not unusual at all, and it's not bad. You're young and will meet lots of women in your lifetime, so don't worry. You're also far from the only young guy who gets nervous around attractive women. Just don't get discouraged and practice, practice, pratice. Also watch other guys and see what works for them and adapt it for your own purposes. Smile and be humorous, and also respectful.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What works for others can't work for me. I shut down around attractive girls unless they talk to me first. I want to talk to them but I can't push through because I fear that I'll be rejected or I'll "shoot myself in the foot again." That's what has happened literally every time I've tried to get a girlfriend.

• Keep talking to girls. One will be interested and you'll gain confidence.

• Maybe. I tend to stay in my comfort zone