Is it a bad thing that I'm 18 and have never had a girlfriend?

I feel bad because of this. All my friends and older brothers can get girls, but I can't. I can't because of how shy and awkward I am around most girls. If I am around a girl who is attractive that I don't know, I simply shut down. I don't know what to say or do and my voice is very monotone.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not unusual at all, and it's not bad. You're young and will meet lots of women in your lifetime, so don't worry. You're also far from the only young guy who gets nervous around attractive women. Just don't get discouraged and practice, practice, pratice. Also watch other guys and see what works for them and adapt it for your own purposes. Smile and be humorous, and also respectful.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What works for others can't work for me. I shut down around attractive girls unless they talk to me first. I want to talk to them but I can't push through because I fear that I'll be rejected or I'll "shoot myself in the foot again." That's what has happened literally every time I've tried to get a girlfriend.

• Show All
    • Keep talking to girls. One will be interested and you'll gain confidence.

• Maybe. I tend to stay in my comfort zone

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 5

• I was the exact same way bro. I finally got my first girlfriend when I was 19 after I finally stopped thinking about it and just enjoy life. Girls are also extremely attracted to seeing a guy who looks like he is really enjoying life and not worried about girls. Just don't worry about it. It will just happened one day. Get a job or go to college that's the easiest way to easily meet a girl

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm about to do both but I can't help but be awkward and worry.

• Im 23 and i dont have one and never had one. Enjoy life and make no haste. The right one will always come to your life

0|1
    0|0
  • I am also almost same as you, work on confidence and it will be ok

0|0
    0|0
  • nope its not i found my partner this year and i dont regret it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm on the same boat

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes