Why do girls not like nice guys?

1011

Most Helpful Girl

• Define what is a nice guy? Being nice is forced. Being kind is from the heart. Being nice is just not enough. You have to actualy offer something in the relationship. And mean it. And like others have said. If you are of those things, then you don't have to advertize that. Let other people decide if your nice or not. And if you are, then you are. If they think you aren't, and you are, only you would no. But if you know your not as nice as you claim, it's best not to lie about it and be humble.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I actually am pretty nice and kind. I get shut out a lot tho. And its random. Thats why im asking. Because im talkin with them, normally or being nice or whatever. And randomly, like a light switch, they turn off all communication with me. And its not like i dissed them, its random.

• Your pursuing the wrong kind of women. This is the typical case. The ones that are or may be attracted to you your not pursuing. The ones you're pursuing just aren't as serious about you because you behavior is typical. Their bored and easily have fleeting moments.

Most Helpful Guy

• The idea that girls don't like "nice guys" and only like a$$hole's or jerks or guys who treat them like sh1t is a faulty assumption, it is not correct.

The problem is often nice guys' definition of "nice guys"! They think they are nice if they do all these nice things for a girl, open doors for them, compliment them, make or buy them gifts, never say a mean thing about them, and they can't imagine ever "treating them badly." They say they would always treat them like a princess. They think doing all this SHOULD earn them a girl, that all this work means they deserve the girls' affection, and get angry that the girl never wants them.

There are a couple of problems with this. One, you can't buy someone's affections with gifts and favors. That in effect would make the girl a prostitute; do you see?

But the second, and more important things is, girls want a guy they can respect, and you can't respect a guy who is licking your boots! And that is what it feels like when a "nice guy" is fawning all over them. You see a guy and a girl arguing and thing the guy is a jerk. The girl wants a guy with his own opinions, with drive and ambition, who won't let her walk all over him, a guy with some level of what might be termed that "classic masculinity," you know, showing some strength and protectiveness.

So when you see a guy being a "jerk" or "treating her like sh! t," often what you are seeing is an argument because they are disagreeing with each other, or one has upset the other or hurt their feelings. But fighting is essential to a healthy relationship, and so conflict resolution, and respect, and communication, and you don't have any of those things if you are always letting her have her way, putting her on a pedestal, treating her like a queen. How is that interesting to her? What is there to explore and learn? How can she grow as a person and be exposed to new things? Where is the excitement, the passion? No, this kind of "nice guy" is boring, stagnant, a dead end.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE