Why do girls not like nice guys?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Define what is a nice guy? Being nice is forced. Being kind is from the heart. Being nice is just not enough. You have to actualy offer something in the relationship. And mean it. And like others have said. If you are of those things, then you don't have to advertize that. Let other people decide if your nice or not. And if you are, then you are. If they think you aren't, and you are, only you would no. But if you know your not as nice as you claim, it's best not to lie about it and be humble.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I actually am pretty nice and kind. I get shut out a lot tho. And its random. Thats why im asking. Because im talkin with them, normally or being nice or whatever. And randomly, like a light switch, they turn off all communication with me. And its not like i dissed them, its random.

• Your pursuing the wrong kind of women. This is the typical case. The ones that are or may be attracted to you your not pursuing. The ones you're pursuing just aren't as serious about you because you behavior is typical. Their bored and easily have fleeting moments.

Most Helpful Guy

• The idea that girls don't like "nice guys" and only like a$$hole's or jerks or guys who treat them like sh1t is a faulty assumption, it is not correct.

The problem is often nice guys' definition of "nice guys"! They think they are nice if they do all these nice things for a girl, open doors for them, compliment them, make or buy them gifts, never say a mean thing about them, and they can't imagine ever "treating them badly." They say they would always treat them like a princess. They think doing all this SHOULD earn them a girl, that all this work means they deserve the girls' affection, and get angry that the girl never wants them.

There are a couple of problems with this. One, you can't buy someone's affections with gifts and favors. That in effect would make the girl a prostitute; do you see?

But the second, and more important things is, girls want a guy they can respect, and you can't respect a guy who is licking your boots! And that is what it feels like when a "nice guy" is fawning all over them. You see a guy and a girl arguing and thing the guy is a jerk. The girl wants a guy with his own opinions, with drive and ambition, who won't let her walk all over him, a guy with some level of what might be termed that "classic masculinity," you know, showing some strength and protectiveness.

So when you see a guy being a "jerk" or "treating her like sh! t," often what you are seeing is an argument because they are disagreeing with each other, or one has upset the other or hurt their feelings. But fighting is essential to a healthy relationship, and so conflict resolution, and respect, and communication, and you don't have any of those things if you are always letting her have her way, putting her on a pedestal, treating her like a queen. How is that interesting to her? What is there to explore and learn? How can she grow as a person and be exposed to new things? Where is the excitement, the passion? No, this kind of "nice guy" is boring, stagnant, a dead end.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Many guys that say they are nice guys actually aren't. Learned that the hard way. But I do like guys who are actually nice.

1|0
    0|0
    • Many of them r really good at lying

• I actually am pretty nice and kind. I get shut out a lot tho. And its random. Thats why im asking. Because im talkin with them, normally or being nice or whatever. And randomly, like a light switch, they turn off all communication with me. And its not like i dissed them, its random.

• That has most likely nothing to do with you being nice. There are other things that make up a compatible personality.

• Some girls like the "bad boy" because they like to fix things and feel important in that person's life. They also like when they are one way to the world but sweet to them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ya i heard before they like fixing them. To show what theyve done. Yet it maked no sense because then you complain he's an asshole and all men are assholes and wheres the nice ones at? Because the only ones i meet are dicks and horrible and not nice? So im confused

• I do I had enough of assholes as bfs or friends I'm sick of being lied too and manipulated I just am tired

0|1
    0|0
  • Definition of nice guy can mean many things
    For some you are a nice guy, for others you are not

0|0
    0|0
    • Im nice to everyone until u give me a reason to be an ass. But i dont treat people wrongly

• They do. Well maybe not all but plenty do

0|2
    0|0
  • Who says we don't?

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz they think nice guys r boring tbh

0|0
    0|0
    • Whats boring bout them and any tips on becoming unboring

• @ObtuseSkillz I'm not saying that they're boring. I always like nice boys. It's from most of the women's view towards them. Women think they're boring becuz they're less attractive and cooler than bad boys

• We love actual nice guys. We don't like Nice Guys (TM).

Here is some food for thought:

jezebel.com/5838994/a-field-guide-to-nice-guys

I strongly recommend that you stay kind, compassionate, and actually nice. Don't become a jaded jerk disguised as a nice guy.

0|0
    0|1
  • Cause nice guys seem to be unable to fuck me properly.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• They do but don’t like a guy who is “too nice.” Like compliments them to the point it means nothing or will do absolutely anything she says. She wants you to stick up for yourself and not beg for her gratitude

0|0
    0|0
  • They do, look at age you seem to be in middle school. Girls at that age are immature a will gravitate toward hot guys. Good or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • We nice guys are a bit too nice, and not popular in school. Most of the pretty girls are part of the popular kids' group so we don't stand a chance against the athletically superior popular guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls like nice guys, if girls aren't liking you it's not because you're a nice guy, its probably the opposite

0|0
    0|0

• all this has to do is with your age. young girls tend to be more careless and they choose the guy who is more interesting witch just happens to be the bad boy. don't worry though when they get older they realize the bad boy is only staying one night. they start to find out that a pliable relationship with a bad boy for the rest of their life is defiantly not going to work out. this Is where a nice guy starts looking better. just don't worry about females they are a waste of your time when your young

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, let me tell you. If you’re a REAL nice guy, you wouldn’t be asking this question. You seem to assume that by treating a girl nicely, she is obligated to let you in her pants/date you. You fail to see that in the end it’s up to her where you go. And secondly, even though it’s not at first, they DO like REAL good guys (such as myself. I normally wouldn’t say that, I just know what people think of me. I don’t expect anything in return, I just treat human beings with kindness and respect out of moral reasons). It’s just that sometimes it takes awhile for them to figure out that the REAL nice guy is a person worth dating, who will treat them nicely always. But you, my friend, are NOT a nice guy.

0|0
    0|0

• They do! They just hate when dudes whine about how nice they are.

0|1
    0|0
  • Many guys who consider themselves nice guys aren’t. Have a look at reddit. com/r/niceguys

0|0
    0|0
  • because they would rather have me instead

0|0
    0|1
  • They aren’t attracted to the guy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes