Dating: how do you feel about online dating sites?

Vs actually meeting someone at a bar, club, or event?
  • I prefer online
    Vote A
  • I prefer in person
    Vote B
  • Both works for me
    Vote C
  • To many crazies online
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Meeting people online then having a real life date with them is the most ideal.

I've done both, but those dates where I've met the girl online then we hooked up irl were a lot more successful.
    Sure meeting someone in person is a lot better due to pheromones and physical presence but that's also quite the disadvantage for some people since they tend to be shy.
    It just depends what kind of person are you. If you're shy and introvert, online dating might be for you. But if you're an outgoing fun loving person then probably a good club or party works best.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer the old school way of meeting people in real life and getting to know them in real life. Online dating is too scary for me tbh

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • true but dont you think online saves people a lot of time? at least with online everyone you match with/talk to has some level of attraction to you while in person the average guy will have to appraoch a bunch of girls. im good looking enough to where most girls aren't sour and give me the cold shoulder but a lot of guys aren't as lucky to be born good looking so they will be wasting their time approaching women who have zero interest in them

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Premium sites are OK, though I don't like most prices they charge or restrictions they put on you.
    Nowadays, most dating sites, even premium sites, are loaded with bots and scammers, so I don't give them the importance I did back in the late 90's. It's much better to find a way to socialize and meet people in real life

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer in person. Too many idiots and crazies are on online sites (i. e.: imagine a fragile woman named Sarah, how is a fat Pete in the reality.).

2|0
    0|0
  • I use to think that online dating was a great option, but that has long since past. Over the past numerous years online dating seems to have become all about passing the time, or finding someone to play mind games with. I haven't seen any real use in online dating in years.

Unfortunately, I don't know where to go to meet single women in the city I live in, aside from churches, as I live in a very religious and conservative city. But I'm not exactly religious and definitely not conservative. So I've been single for awhile.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have met a lot of really cool people online, dating or not. I am shy in person, so online is easier for me to make initial contact, but there are also a lot of trolls, catfish and crazies online, too. I just use my intuition and go with the flow.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dating is tough no matter how you meet. The people online are the same as if you would have met them in person. You are able to reach more people online so there's the convenience factor.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would use online dating if I can’t get out one day or something but as of right now I would use it because I’m stuck in a depressing house

1|0
    0|0
  • I beat you all. I don't meet people. I work out, study and work in a cave to avoid the light of day and the putrid stench of human bodies.

0|1
    1|0
  • I rather meet someone in person... like 100% of the times over dating sites
    lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Online dating is useful as a plan b, but meeting in person should ALWAYS be the ideal :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Only online thing I’ll use is Tinder. I’d prefer to see people in person

1|0
    0|0
  • I wanna vote lol but my opinion isn't up there haha. I do prefer if it happened in person. BUT the approach online is waaaaay easier especially being someone who has trouble working up the nerve to talk to someone if i don't know them already. But online with most of the apps especially most of the people especially females are very picky and superficial. So like most of the time when u match. They'll read the message and leave u there. So in the end i guess in person cuz its straight up. Not wishy washy lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people have unrealistic standards and just end up being lonely..

1|0
    0|0
  • Too many crazies online

1|0
    0|0
  • I meet my girlfriend from a dating app

1|0
    0|0
  • Time waste

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if people replied more online🤣

1|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer in person meeting, but many women act uninterested instead of looking you straight into the eyes and smiling, even if they like you, so I prefer online where at least the interest is clear ;p

1|0
    0|0
  • Vote A

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I prefer in person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do like in person dating, however I met my current boyfriend on the app Bumble. Less crazies on there :)

1|0
    0|0
    • What's bumble? never heard of that

• Bumble is kind of similar to tinder except once you match the girl has to initiate conversation within 24 hours or the match is lost. More boys are on there for relationships rather than hook ups :)

• That sounds like fun I'll check it out

• Too many crazies

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer in person

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to meet someone in person.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes