Have you ever put an expiration date on a relationship?

There’s a guy I’m dating, whom I don’t see a future with. But, he invited me to a Christmas party and he’s been looking forward to it and he’s going to be upset if I don’t go. I’m planning on just cutting off the Communication after that party. Especially since he’s mentally ill and doesn’t take rejection lightly.

Have you ever done anything like this before?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• No but it's best not to attend the party because he's just going to become more upset when you dump him after the party, safer to cut communication now rather then later

• Eh. I don’t think it would hurt to do it after the party. He’s going to be hurt either way and I don’t want to ruin his Christmas.

• I will after Christmas.

Most Helpful Girl

• Quit while you’re ahead. My friend did this with her boyfriend. He travelled across the state to visit for the weekend, and she dumped him before she brought him to the airport. It’s insensitive to lead someone on like that.

Maybe he’s looking forward to it, but don’t give someone’s hopes up to just let them down immediately afterwards

• Trust me. It’ll be a lot worse if I do it now. It won’t hurt to do it a few days later.