Have you ever put an expiration date on a relationship?

There’s a guy I’m dating, whom I don’t see a future with. But, he invited me to a Christmas party and he’s been looking forward to it and he’s going to be upset if I don’t go. I’m planning on just cutting off the Communication after that party. Especially since he’s mentally ill and doesn’t take rejection lightly.

Have you ever done anything like this before?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No but it's best not to attend the party because he's just going to become more upset when you dump him after the party, safer to cut communication now rather then later

0|1
    0|0
    • Eh. I don’t think it would hurt to do it after the party. He’s going to be hurt either way and I don’t want to ruin his Christmas.

• Show All
    • I will after Christmas.

Most Helpful Girl

• Quit while you’re ahead. My friend did this with her boyfriend. He travelled across the state to visit for the weekend, and she dumped him before she brought him to the airport. It’s insensitive to lead someone on like that.

Maybe he’s looking forward to it, but don’t give someone’s hopes up to just let them down immediately afterwards

0|0
    0|0
    • Trust me. It’ll be a lot worse if I do it now. It won’t hurt to do it a few days later.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• What type of mental illness and why did you start the relationship? Did u not know?

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly yes but I've learned it makes it harder to do the more you try to push it back. As mean as it sounds, don't spare his feeling while wasting your time

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve already come to terms with the fact that this is. Or someone I see a future with. So it’s not going to work anyways.

• Cut it while you can

• I’ll cut it after Christmas.

• You can't wait till. after Christmas

0|0
    0|0
  • goddamn. Women like you are brutal.

0|0
    0|0
    • Guys do it all the time. Karma sucks, doesn’t it?

• Yes. Because someone the actions of the general group means that the individual must suffer. Punish the innocent to attack them for being something. :/

• No I haven’t.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe sometimes around here , there is something called the summer fling , often once the summer ends so does the relationship , people go there separate ways.

so I've sometimes realised once the summer ended , the girl was likely going to be gone

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes