How many dates until you tell the other person you have kids?

I've just started dating this guy and we get along really well. He's a bit older than me and I found out that he already has two children. I dont actually mind that too much, what gets me is that he hasn't told me yet. If you have kids when do you tell the person you're dating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on the age of the kids. If they are pretty grown up, it doesn't matter. If they are still dependents, then 1 date (it may be a deal breaker for some)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeahh they're really young, I'm thinking maybe he's just out to bang me rather than a real relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Immediately in a casual way when the subject of family comes up

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• When you tell the person your dating. That you have kids. Should be based on the childrens age. If they live with you or not. Plus a few other factors. So their really isn't a specific time line for this. You can message me if you would like to follow up

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't hold onto information like that, it's misleading to tell the other person just after a few dates rather then right away

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would you want to ruin the surprise... You bring them along to that valentine day dinner. Who wouldn't love that...

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe he's worried about the children accepting the new girlfriend. However, he should have told you on the first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • well its simple math

you take the number of dates
    then subtract the same amount
    and there's your answer

0|0
    0|0
  • Huh right away what kinda man isn't proud of kids enough to mention he should tell you right away to see ur response

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely before it becomes something more than just dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Zero. Tell before you meet.

0|0
    0|0
  • First date you tell them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Immediately. BEFORE the date

0|0
    0|0
  • First date.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them straight up

0|0
    0|0
  • Before the first obviously

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• That honestly seems like a topic that should have been discussed on the first date. Its too big of a "secret" to hide from someone you're in a relationship with.

0|0
    0|0
  • THREE. After the first two you're still feeling the person out but after three you're obviously wanting something more and you need to be truthful.

0|1
    0|0
  • My partner told me he had a son before we even started dating. I'm not sure when most people tell the other

0|0
    0|0
  • i feel like two? so he gets a feel for you both no one is attached but maybe before ever even going on a date

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm. I think you should tell the other person you have children before the first date. That way they know what they're signing up for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell it before or certainly at the first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would make this information known from the start.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them on the first date just being honest

0|0
    0|0
  • I would want that information before date 1

0|0
    0|0
  • On the first one

0|0
    0|0
  • The first

0|0
    0|0
  • Before the first date. That sort of information should not be withheld.

0|0
    0|0
  • Before the first date.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes