Why do guys make their female friends jealous?

What do they earn from it? What does it mean to them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't quite understand the question... How exactly is he making her jealous? Do you mean he is making his female friend jealous of another woman? If they are friends, then she has no reason to be jealous. The only reason I could see the female friend being jealous is if she is in his "friendzone" and she is trying to escape. Using that assumption, I would have to ask, "Is he purposely making her jealous, or is it inadvertent?" If it is on purpose, then he likely wants his female friend to no longer be just a friend and is actively attempting to escape from her "friendzone". If he is inadvertently making her jealous, then it is just a byproduct of her feelings for him. She needs to either tell him how she feels or just deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My guy friend always talks about his Affair with other ladies then later asks me if I’m hurt. Not only did he do that he told me he has a crush on my friend I tried to tell my friend and later he tells me he was just trying to make me jealous.

• He likes you and is trying to escape the eternal prison we call the friendzone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Youd find they probably aren't trying to. As females we just genuienly take things to heart a lot lol. If he is intentionally.. just do it back lol.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But he told me he has a crush on my friend just to make me jealous

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Ummm... you mean I can do that? Like I have that power? Hmmm. I didn't think that would ever really happen.

I had a girlfriend ages ago, and made the mistake of introducing her to one of my best (platonic) female friends. I thought the coffee hangout was going ok. The girlfriend hugged the friend...

Turns out, the second I left for a few minutes, the girlfriend threatened my friend when I was in the bathroom, and my friend didn't tell me for months (after my ex and I had broken up).

But making female friends jealous? That's a thing? Hmmm. I don't think I've ever seen a female friend become jealous of me spending time with another female friend (if they're both platonic, anyway)... If any of them have been jealous of me spending time with another woman (not that that happens very often), they're very good at hiding it. Of course, I have very few female friends who are serious enough about the friendship to , spend much time with me, or who spend time with me in the presence of other women that they would be jealous of. I didn't think any of them cared whether I spent time with someone else or not.

Of course, I don't really try to make women jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't, so I'm afraid you've made an over-generalisation. I can imagine that some guys that do don't do it intentionally, so that would make something more to do with the female friend's triggers for jealousy. The rest I can only imagine as being showoffs and/spiteful about other particular people... but that goes for men and women. Both sexes seem just as spiteful and jealous as the other, to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's making her jealous by talking about how great he's treating his girlfriend, which is what it usually is, its because he wants to date the friend and is using his actions with the girlfriend as a way to win over the friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never known for a guy to make a girl jealous I didn't even know how that's possible. Can you tell me how guys do that, not like I'm going to go out and do it I'm just curious how that happens. Thanks

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are his friend and he is your friend why would he want to make you be jealous. He is sharing his happyness with you lol. Not his fault you are in love with him

1|1
    0|0
  • Unfulfilled desire most likely. Hormonal impulses, animal playfulness. Tactics for psychological warfare for throwing off their game, to make vulnerable or to entice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some might want to turn them into a lover with jealousy. Others just want advice from their female friends about another woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she won't do anything unless she's jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • To my knowledge, I've not done it intentionally. Guess I'm just oblivious to it

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys do it to test if the girl actually likes them

0|0
    0|0
  • Generalisation=wrong. People have their reasons

0|1
    0|0
  • Jealous of what exactly?

1|2
    0|0
  • Attention I guess. Girls do it more in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Joke.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, they find it funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just do

0|0
    0|0
  • They want to make shure how she feels about them

0|0
    0|0
  • Intentionally?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • To see if they really and truly love them.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• How would a guy make a female friend jealous, unless she's not really a friend..

Otherwise it's the same as your friends having more than one friend..

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't do that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes