I'm writing my boyfriend a love letter for his Christmas present. Do guys actually like receiving that as a part of their gift?

I basically wrote him a letter thanking him for bringing so much positivity and happiness into my life, along with a handmade gift that I made for him. Would it be too much? This is my first time doing something romantic like this so I'm kind of nervous to be honest. Thoughts?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course we do. If you're his girlfriend, we want you to show you care about us. It's being romantic, why shouldn't you be allowed to be romantic. And if you have no money for gifts, we'll just assume that's why you wrote it

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Haha I got busted! Poor college student gotta use her writing skills to compensate for the lack of money to buy gifts :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I LOVE IT!!! IT SHOWS A LOT.. but just on top of that get like his fav candy or something for something to nibble on

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you so much! I'll try to do that :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• A love letter is great, but women tend to make it too long. Short and sweet is what gets a guys attention.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do guys not like long letters? :0

• If you are newly and madly in love, long letters probably are okay. But once in an established relationship, shorter letters are better. That's assuming you see each other on a regular basis. If you were apart by a long distance, and didn't see much of each other, that is a different matter.

• U better throw in some action to go with those words. After all, what speaks louder?
    A heartfelt letter should effect him, though the amount of expectations likely, considering, will cause disappointment if you don't step it up one way or another.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah , also bake him cookies or brownies to go along with it. He'll more than likely love it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much! I feel much more confident about the gift now lmao

• Us Guys do have a sappy / soft side. So yes he should be very in love with you and the gift. And it's good that you feel confident that will help out as well.

• I would love receiving something my girlfriend made herself, no matter what it was. The love letter too. The time and effort is a demonstration of your feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that would be a great gift. It is much more special.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not too much. It's cheesy, that's the romantic part of it. Have fun with it. I did my girl the same thing for her birthday. He will love it

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy and if he enjoys the little things in life

1|0
    0|0
  • Add it with some beautiful flowers and expect miracle.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'd like it. It's a nice and meaningful gesture.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think letters have more meaning than e-mails. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • That's very sweet, and I'm sure he would love it.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, it would be nice

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Some like some don't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes