Should I break up with my current, first ever boyfriend just so I can go be single and then experience relationships with other people?

Anonymous
I’ve been abroad for months now and I’ve realized I don’t want to go home, not even to see my boyfriend of 2+ years I left there. It’s not that I dont love him, I do, it’s just he’s the only relationship I’ve ever had. I hooked up with another guy while away and while I tried to tell him we should be on a break before hand, I screwed up and really hurt him. I learned my lesson. To my surprise though my being away and that happening has made him realize he for sure wants to marry me and he’s told me he’ll travel anywhere with me etc. now even if all that’s true and works out, I still would have never had another relationship. I’ve realized while being away just how big the world is and I kind of want to be alone for a while, without having to worry about keeping anybody happy. And then after that see what romance is like with other people. I just don’t know what to do; break his heart while I’m away? Or maybe break it later after we’ve travelled together just to be sure he is or isn’t “the one”?
10
1