Should I break up with my current, first ever boyfriend just so I can go be single and then experience relationships with other people?

I’ve been abroad for months now and I’ve realized I don’t want to go home, not even to see my boyfriend of 2+ years I left there. It’s not that I dont love him, I do, it’s just he’s the only relationship I’ve ever had. I hooked up with another guy while away and while I tried to tell him we should be on a break before hand, I screwed up and really hurt him. I learned my lesson. To my surprise though my being away and that happening has made him realize he for sure wants to marry me and he’s told me he’ll travel anywhere with me etc. now even if all that’s true and works out, I still would have never had another relationship. I’ve realized while being away just how big the world is and I kind of want to be alone for a while, without having to worry about keeping anybody happy. And then after that see what romance is like with other people. I just don’t know what to do; break his heart while I’m away? Or maybe break it later after we’ve travelled together just to be sure he is or isn’t “the one”?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're better off ending it now. As much as it will hurt, it will hurt more later. You don't sound ready to settle down with a guy, and forcing it will only make thing more ugly later.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Break up

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I don't know but if you have that kind of intention long before, then you shouldn't have put label on the relationship because in the long run, it's gonna hurt for him. You are not ready to commit in that kind of relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Disgusting. Break up with him, you don't deserve him.

0|1
    0|0
  • It seems like he loves you more than you love him. It's natural for you to have those thoughts but if you love him it shouldn't even be an option

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow get it over with and go have some fun u shouldn't be beating your self up. He will be just fine

0|0
    0|0
  • To me it sounds like you guys are either not having sex I've had sex and you want to go hoe around

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, you don't deserve him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, time to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • LMAO! 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • You're too young to be "strapped down", people in their late 20's, early 30's are more likely to marry, not your age. You need to live life, see what's out there. Not be strapped down at 21 or whatever you are

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes