Is it normal for a guy to be afraid when he wants to talk to a girl for the first time?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not about rejection or thinking you're not good enough for someone. Whenever you meet someone new there's always a degree of being uncomfortable for most people, guys AND girls as you don't know each other and don't have anything in common to talk about. That said, I go out every few days approaching girls with a mate and after a couple of approaches I feel really confident and good. Key is to not hesitate and go for it the instant you see a girl you like because time builds tension with your brain freaking out about what to say.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• For guys and girls, yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course! Guys are allowed to have feelings :)

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 24

• Nervous, anxious... Not afraid. We get rejected FAR more than women do and we have much more to risk. Also most women caan be down right hostile, so false accusations are a real thing... Women should ask men out, they know what they want.

0|2
    0|0
  • Incredibly normal my man. Just try your best to be you and to be relaxed, but its ok if it doesn't work out. Just think of it as making a friend first, and then you can worry about anything potential after that if you want.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yep. I am 42 and talk to anyone... but I still have to do 3 visits to the loo before I ask anyone out. One for a wee, one for a poo... and one to ensure there is no flatulent outburst during the silent period between me asking her out, and her saying no.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's hard at first but eventually you'll get to the point where you can approach a girl and not be scared.

0|2
    0|0
  • I feel like it's completely normal. I guess it's a number things you think about. You may be scared that she may not like you, or you're scared that you'll hesitate after getting her attention, or scared about embarrassing yourself.
    I couldn't speak to girls either for the same reasons.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, because no one likes to have their feelings rejected. You want to separate yourself from them by having the courage to do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah that's why I don't think about it at all, just start talking and hope for the best. Don't give myself time to be afraid.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but you have to overcome the fear and be a man.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's normal. Especially if you don't talk to hers often. You'll gain more confidence the more times you talk to girls.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. Everyone can get worried about making a good impression

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. If you didn't like her you would not care as much

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, very normal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, very.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course!

0|1
    0|0
  • yes its so fearful

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I think so

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, sure!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes... obviously !

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd think so, depending on the situation/scenario.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes