First Date Ideas?

I've been out of the dating scene for years but I recently saw a friend who had a great first, and even second date idea that inspired this question. What kind of things did you or would you do for a first date. Something unique and different than the typical coffee date which is still a good easy comfortable choice for poth parties.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're really into adventure and intelligent I would suggest doing an escape room and then going out for coffee/food before or after.
    When I was asked to do this it really eased the tension, I got to see if we worked well together or not.
    After the fun event it's always good to get food or coffee just to talk on a more personal level.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Museeums, Art Galleries, live Music gigs, some sort of sports, picknick in a park, standup comedy. As a second date, stuff like wine tasting, shushi courses, cooking courses are great, too.

Basically stuff that YOU want to do, and you string her along because shared fun is twice the fun. Remember: As a man you carry the burden of already presenting a complete and exciting life to her that she can opt in.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Some guy I know said he never does anything extravagant on the first date and guys who do are dumb because you've got to keep topping that with future dates til you get in with her properly... That's long lol. Just do normal first dates but make them really nice then give her special dates for celebrations or to treat her.

0|0
    0|0
    • The important thing is, that I am doing those things FOR MYSELF. Then it is OK to spend some money. I just happen to combine that thing that I wanted to do anyways with a date.

Unfortunately many women are seriously put-off by my "non-conventional" approach.

I like for example dancing a lot. And going to dance lessons as a first date is for example an awesome Idea in my opinion. It costs some money, but hey, I am improving myself and doing something for myself.

• I like the zoo so long as you're animal people. Plenty t talk about and lots to see :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Dont do dinner or spend money on her. This sets precedence that her time is more valuable than yours and most women use men on first dates for food or to go out with no intention to see them again. Go somewhere free or cheap where you can just walk and talk, get to know her true personality and how she thinks. Museums are good for that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Go for a long walk by the shore with her and speak your hearts out

0|1
    0|0
  • popcorn and a movie

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes