Is the woman supposed to ask for the second date? Is this true?

I recently heard that the woman should be the one asking for the second date, if not it means she isn't interested.
Is there any truth to this?
  • Yes, that is true.
  • No, that's ridiculous.

1217

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that it's up to the individuals more the male or female if you want to go on a date with somebody after the first thing you find them interesting the most I can her as they say no I'm turning you down because you're really vibing and y'all getting along if I'm going out with somebody and I want a second date I'm going to ask I might be a little shy about it but I'm still going to ask

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I think guys should set the dates and lead things at least in the beginning. However the guy shouldn't appear overeager. To compensate, he should not contact via phone or text unless it is to set up a date. This way he says mysterious, a little bit out of reach, and the woman, if truly interested will reach out frequently to talk. Then the guy can just let her contact first about 80% of the time and then he can continue to set definite planned dates. He can cut the convo short because we are busy dudes after all and save the bonding and intimacy for when you meet face to face.

This keeps a woman wondering. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder. She will think about you and it builds anticipation for the next date. As long as the dates are fun and light-hearted, and she enjoys her time with you, she will continue to persue you BUT the man still needs to lead the adventure.

Once you are in a relationship, then you can hold phone chats, make planning dates closer to 50-50 if you want, and so on, but you still want to make sure she is contacting first more often. Nothing is as killer to romance as clingy and needy behavior.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE