Is the woman supposed to ask for the second date? Is this true?

I recently heard that the woman should be the one asking for the second date, if not it means she isn't interested.
Is there any truth to this?
  • Yes, that is true.
    Vote A
  • No, that's ridiculous.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that it's up to the individuals more the male or female if you want to go on a date with somebody after the first thing you find them interesting the most I can her as they say no I'm turning you down because you're really vibing and y'all getting along if I'm going out with somebody and I want a second date I'm going to ask I might be a little shy about it but I'm still going to ask

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I think guys should set the dates and lead things at least in the beginning. However the guy shouldn't appear overeager. To compensate, he should not contact via phone or text unless it is to set up a date. This way he says mysterious, a little bit out of reach, and the woman, if truly interested will reach out frequently to talk. Then the guy can just let her contact first about 80% of the time and then he can continue to set definite planned dates. He can cut the convo short because we are busy dudes after all and save the bonding and intimacy for when you meet face to face.

This keeps a woman wondering. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder. She will think about you and it builds anticipation for the next date. As long as the dates are fun and light-hearted, and she enjoys her time with you, she will continue to persue you BUT the man still needs to lead the adventure.

Once you are in a relationship, then you can hold phone chats, make planning dates closer to 50-50 if you want, and so on, but you still want to make sure she is contacting first more often. Nothing is as killer to romance as clingy and needy behavior.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Anybody can, but she should at least tell you she had a good time and would like to do something again, then whichever of them can set it.

1|1
    0|0
  • You should both let the other know that you're interested in a second date. Wait until the next morning after you sleep on it, then let them know how you feel about the date and seeing them again.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think there should be any rules about this. Puts too much pressure on it. Just go with the flow

0|1
    0|0
  • Anyone can ask for the first, second, third and nineteenth date.

1|2
    0|0
  • "C" For Can be both.
    Depending on the Situation and the Two at Hand, As to how this Stands. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • Anyone can initiate the second date

2|1
    0|0
  • anyone could ask for the 2nd date

1|1
    0|0
  • Anyone can ask. If you feel it go for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are no rules. Anyone can ask

0|1
    0|0
  • Anyone can ask

0|1
    0|0
  • True

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• There are no laws or rules on this subject but most (not all) women prefer for the guy to take the lead on asking for the dates, planning activities, and expressing physical desires.

1|1
    2|0
    • That might exist more in the beginning, but every girl I've been with end up making their own plans to go out together too.

• Supposed to? No. But I would definitely like to see that be the norm. No more mixed signals. If she had a good time and would like to get better acquainted, she just needs to ask. Alas, it isn't so. If you've found yourself a woman who is shy, or traditional, you'll almost certainly have to make the next move, and the one after that. If doesn't initiate anything by the 5th date, I would reevaluate and consider walking away.

0|1
    0|0
  • Second date? What sort of mythological magic is that which you speak of?

0|1
    0|0
    • Lmao I know right. I usually never consider a second date.

• many people will say it shouldn't matter who but the harsh reality is most women stubbornly will refuse to plan and set up even a second date even if they are interested in the guy

0|1
    0|0
  • Who wants asks for the first, second, n date. If the other never asks/propose anything then it means he she is not interested..

0|1
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter who asks. As long as one of you does.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think anyone can ask

The rule is that other person should agree with the date plan

0|1
    0|0
  • You will be waiting a long time to get a 2nd date if you expect her to ask... (unless she asks you immediately after date 1)

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be true otherwise they have no skin in the game

0|1
    0|0
  • Never heard of that but these days (at least where I am right now) it dosen't really matter.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anyone can ask for a date

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • no thats ridiculous

0|1
    0|0
  • Forget about these ridiculous rules

0|1
    0|0
  • She should ask for the first date in my opinion, men should ask for the second.

0|1
    0|0
  • There's no rulebook to this stuff (if only). You should do everything in your power to get the most out of your interactions and move toward what you want.

Until someone has a rulebook and it gets widely accepted then you should simply assume that they can't be trusted to do anything and you should go to every effort to make something happen yourself.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes