Do you have any advice for me regarding losing interest in relationships?

So I've had three relationships in my life and each time after just a few weeks I got really disinterested in them even if I was previously friends with them for years. Anything they say annoys me and I just can't seem to care no matter how hard I try!
Of course I don't become rude and unrespectful towards them but they always seem to know something is up and we end up breaking up.
Do you have any idea why I'm like this and what I can do? I do want to have a relationship, get married and have children someday but right now I fear I'm just not made for that...Do you have any advice for me regarding losing interest in relationships??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to change your expectations. You have high expectations of what a boyfriend should be so when they do something to disappoint you its 100 times worst then if a friend did it. You lost all your wow for them instant.

You're just like me. What you need to do to fix it is to stop putting them up on a high pedestal so they can't fall so far. Don't put so much expectation in them so when they do something wrong you won't be disappoint. Expect nothing and they can't disappoint you.

1|0
    0|0
    • But I really don't expect much, if anything I just like things they were before, just more kissing, intimate dates and other stuff. It's just that they completely change as if they aren't my friends anymore when I'm in a relationship with them like suddenly all is serious and I can't make as many jokes, I don't feel comfortable like that.

• hmm? like how do they act different compare to how they were before. I need a bit more info so I can give you a good answer :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You're just like me. You 're the kind of person who will only be interested with someone who you're head over heels for. So don't just date any guy. The right one will come

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• so what is it that happens? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that maybe it would help if you can explain how the relationship starts up to where it ends

1|0
    0|0
    • It starts normally, I'm close friends with them, been for years and it's all honeymoon the first few weeks like everyone else. But after a while it's just... So boring and then it becomes annoying to talk to them

• why is it boring though? I get the feeling you don't express or know what you want out of the relationship and are just on the receiving end. a part of being together is sharing experiences together, talking about interests or life in general. do you work? have hobbies? or are the guys not really doing anything, like taking you out or something

• It's all normal as far as I can tell, of course we talk and share, we were friends before after all...

• Your age plays a role here; you should look at the stages of maturation that other women your age take part in, and will take part in, in the following stages. This'll give you a little perspective on just how normal/abnormal you really are as an individual.

You're probably just fine and just need enough time to grow yourself as a person without being distracted by the fakeries of relationships with certain people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't have relationship with anyone. Be kind to yourself and have sex with whoever turns you on at the time when ever you feel like it. explore sexual fetish for the maximum self pleasure.

0|0
    1|0
    • Uh no. I don't want to end up fat and unhappy

• Show All
    • I'm not fat and I'm happy. It's fine you don't want to explore sexual kinky maximum Orgasm's. I won't make assumptions about what would happen if I didn't. Maybe I would get fat and unhappy if I didn't have lots of sex.

• You are very cute though. I might stop the sex filled life for a chance of a date with you

• Maybe you're a narcissist or a lesbian and aren't aware. Or you just want sex and not an emotional investment

0|0
    1|0
    • I'm very into girls too, and very aware of that. And no I wouldn't ever have sex without those feelings

• I actually don’t know what matter Is but I actually think that in those 3 relationships you chose the wrong partner
    I Just want to advice you that just be yourself everything in life has a time!! If time comes I assure you that u will be happy in your relationship. But till that time be yourself and keep exploring.
    Be happy and blessed 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I'm the exact same way. I've only actually held feelings for one person. Dated several and I do the same thing. I just figure it's not the right time in life or the guys aren't really what you want

1|0
    0|0
  • Just take it easy, try to look on the good things instead of wasting your remarks and looking on him because if he sees your flaws he probably would break up without sign
    "try to watch on the good things"

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the traits you are looking for are yet to be found in any partner. You will find one soon hopefully!!

1|0
    0|0
  • "Do you have any advice for me regarding losing interest in relationships?"

Ya, don't get into one. Clearly they're not for you.

0|0
    1|0
  • It sound like they are boring your you may need more excitement in your life

1|0
    0|0
  • Couldn't say, it sounds weird all right. Maybe relationships just aren't for you.

0|0
    1|0
  • I lost interest in even talking to people, I'm taking a break from all the bs. I'll just stick to the weed for a while...

0|0
    0|0
  • Weeks? You have not yet been in a relationship! Find some you really like.

0|0
    1|0
  • I had broken up whenever I felt like she was too demanding with me. But whenever I imagined a girl just letting me be and still being with me, I really wanted to be with her. I think it's just that we sense what the other might want in addition once we gave them what they want. Like they want more and more and as soon as you stop giving, they want to break up.

If I'm right with this, what do you think about a boyfriend rather wanting to give than to take? Not in a suffocating amount of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • My advise to you is to date a lot more men.

1|0
    0|0
  • stay single

0|0
    1|0
  • Men are annoying and/or boring by nature.

0|0
    0|0
    • You ingrate. "By nature" suck my ass. consider how many great and interesting people are men. If men are boring women must be lifeless and mundane.

• @Nightshades

Yes, yes... "All the world's a stage..." and blah blah blah... I'm sure everyone is interesting in some way (yeah right)... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My response wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Not every humorous/sarcastic answer needs an emoji at the end to imply or inflect nonsensical tones...

• Just find someone you like.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be it's not ur fault

0|0
    0|0
  • Crazy

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more