Do you have any advice for me regarding losing interest in relationships?

So I've had three relationships in my life and each time after just a few weeks I got really disinterested in them even if I was previously friends with them for years. Anything they say annoys me and I just can't seem to care no matter how hard I try!
Of course I don't become rude and unrespectful towards them but they always seem to know something is up and we end up breaking up.
Do you have any idea why I'm like this and what I can do? I do want to have a relationship, get married and have children someday but right now I fear I'm just not made for that...Do you have any advice for me regarding losing interest in relationships??

224

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to change your expectations. You have high expectations of what a boyfriend should be so when they do something to disappoint you its 100 times worst then if a friend did it. You lost all your wow for them instant.

You're just like me. What you need to do to fix it is to stop putting them up on a high pedestal so they can't fall so far. Don't put so much expectation in them so when they do something wrong you won't be disappoint. Expect nothing and they can't disappoint you.

• But I really don't expect much, if anything I just like things they were before, just more kissing, intimate dates and other stuff. It's just that they completely change as if they aren't my friends anymore when I'm in a relationship with them like suddenly all is serious and I can't make as many jokes, I don't feel comfortable like that.

• hmm? like how do they act different compare to how they were before. I need a bit more info so I can give you a good answer :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You're just like me. You 're the kind of person who will only be interested with someone who you're head over heels for. So don't just date any guy. The right one will come