Guys, Do you compare girls to your ex?

I dated my current boyfriend for a few months then we split and both had other relationships.

We got back together when they both finished and were good friends during our other relationships. He's mentioned his ex only twice in 9 mths but it makes me really uneasy and I'm not sure how to react.

The first time was a few months ago to say he was feeling really happy with me and was glad they broke up. Then again yesterday when he repeated that, then went on to say I'm so much better.

I'm kind of thinking if he was over her he'd not mention her at all so I'm wondering if I should have a chat with him about it. Any thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it may be "wow, ure so much better than my ex" or "dammit, you're like my ex". Depends on which emotions we want to invoke. Positive or negative. If things go not very well it's worth to say "stop b1tching, you're like my ex". But I wonder who would compare a current girlfriend to an ex for no reason. It just does not make sense, only complete idiots would do that.

PS: guys should be optimistic, the best is not their ex, or their present, but their future one =D

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Don't look like he is into her... Think about the moments that he brought it up... If you did something that he might like yeah, you're completely fine he is actually saying that you are a awesome girl... If not try to remember the days after what happened in there... But don't overthink at all... If needed (if you just can't feel secure)... Yes talk to him but as a last resource

1|0
    0|0
  • He probably is over her, but memories don't just disappear: if he's praising you, i don't see the problem

1|1
    0|0
  • No I realy don't compare. I mostly have long lasting relationships and I always had long breaks between each relationship so I mostly don't even remember to the exes

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. If it bothers you, it should bother him. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Definitely as in you should definitely address it, not that I definitely make comparisons. Thought I should clarify that...

• No not really, maybe in my mind but that past is past.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not only no but fuck no

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes