Where and how to meet singles locally?

This is something I've struggled with: I don't really know how to meet women like me, other than online. I don't like to drink, not big into clubs or bars. I work at a small office during the day, and when I get home I cook, work on projects, read books, and play with my dog. My dog is not a big fan of other dogs or long walks, and prefers to stay at home, so she's not much help. I'm a vegetarian and have tried attending several local vegetarian community meetups, but most of them seem to revolve around alcohol, everyone seems to know each other already, and have proven awkward, as I have nobody to introduce me. I have friends locally, but none of them are well-connected and seem to be in the same boat.

So I guess I'm asking other introverts mostly, how do you meet people locally?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m the exact same way! I️ don’t drink and at my age (21) that’s really odd so most of my friends do like bars parties other stuff but I️ am not really into that so it’s harder to meet people also I’m vegan and a lot of the times everyone does sort of know each other which is crazy to me because it’s a meet up but if you have any local like vegan/vegetarian fairs/events those are always good because it’s a ton of people and totally different than a meetup! Good luck! I️ know being an introvert has its perks but also negatives! 😔

Most Helpful Guy

• I simply don't not very well i used to meet people easily when i smoked pot and went to the bars and challenged strangers to play pool and such but my baseline social anxiety is higher than it used to be and i don't want to be around drug addicts and alcoholics so i don't smoke anymore and when i do drink its only a beer or two at home on occasion. I just moved to a new area 2 hours away and i know nobody here been here a week only person i met was like a 65 year old guy swimming nobody else at all. Seems night life is how people meet and im 24 and basically bald too and chicks are into that so its a social and relationship problem for me. Wish i had a pitbull or a bull mastiff but my job that i start on jan 2nd is a roaming job and im in a single bedroom apartment