Quick backstory- We used to like each other 2 years ago but we both ended up dating other people, so we had to deal with the awkwardness between us. I was taken whenever he was single, but now we’re both single.
So I texted him and this was the convo:
Him: Hello! (Weird, he never uses exclamation marks)
Me: What’s up? Its been long
Him: I know! I’m bored as hell, wanna FaceTime?
Me: Nah I’m good, I’m currently watching a movie with someone rn. Any suggestions?
Him: Oh nice.
(He didn’t even give me the suggestions I asked him).
Why didn’t he give me any movie suggestions? It seems like after I said that, he completely lost interest in the conversation. But I didn’t reply.
So my two questions are:
1. Do you think he might’ve assumed I was with a guy watching movies (“Netflix and chill”)?
2. Should I try texting him again, or should I not text him unless he does first?
Most Helpful Guy
Dang you killed your own momentum haha.
You took the text conversation from wing about you two catching up, to you watching a movie with someone else... meaning split attention. Guy or girl doesn’t even matter.
1. He’s probably like if she’s with someone else right now, why bother texting me?
2. He might’ve not understood your approach. I’m watching “A” movie with someone any suggestions...
-you didn’t say watching movies (plural) any suggestions on what next
- he might’ve thought you meant any suggestions on what to do with the person you’re hanging with. If that makes sense?
Most guys would leave it up to you, to continue the conversation. Since he said “he’s bored” and you ask him to help you on your situation, instead of you helping him with his boredom lol.
Anyway, yes I would text him first! No need to worry about last conversation. Just start anew and if you can “FaceTime” would be helpful lol. But just keep topics on you two... catch up.1THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE