What should I do in this situation?

I was texting a guy (an old crush) after a few months of no contact. He’s apparently single (friend found out for me) and I want to see if we would have a chance to date now.

Quick backstory- We used to like each other 2 years ago but we both ended up dating other people, so we had to deal with the awkwardness between us. I was taken whenever he was single, but now we’re both single.

So I texted him and this was the convo:

Me: Hola
Him: Hello! (Weird, he never uses exclamation marks)
Me: What’s up? Its been long
Him: I know! I’m bored as hell, wanna FaceTime?
Me: Nah I’m good, I’m currently watching a movie with someone rn. Any suggestions?
Him: Oh nice.

(He didn’t even give me the suggestions I asked him).

Why didn’t he give me any movie suggestions? It seems like after I said that, he completely lost interest in the conversation. But I didn’t reply.

So my two questions are:

1. Do you think he might’ve assumed I was with a guy watching movies (“Netflix and chill”)?
2. Should I try texting him again, or should I not text him unless he does first?

024

Most Helpful Guy

• Dang you killed your own momentum haha.

You took the text conversation from wing about you two catching up, to you watching a movie with someone else... meaning split attention. Guy or girl doesn’t even matter.

1. He’s probably like if she’s with someone else right now, why bother texting me?
    2. He might’ve not understood your approach. I’m watching “A” movie with someone any suggestions...
    -you didn’t say watching movies (plural) any suggestions on what next
    - he might’ve thought you meant any suggestions on what to do with the person you’re hanging with. If that makes sense?

Most guys would leave it up to you, to continue the conversation. Since he said “he’s bored” and you ask him to help you on your situation, instead of you helping him with his boredom lol.

Anyway, yes I would text him first! No need to worry about last conversation. Just start anew and if you can “FaceTime” would be helpful lol. But just keep topics on you two... catch up.

• Thanks! I actually re-worded the convo. I literally said “We’re trying to watch a movie here. Any suggestions?”

Oh god but I’m so nervous lol. I texted first last time, I’m not really used to being the initiator.

Do you think I’d look desperate if I did?

• Aw man, mate I feel yah! I know those worries. I never initiate because I feel like I’m bothering people lol.

In this case since things were left with him only saying “oh nice”. I think you’ll be ok to text and not look desperate. He didn’t exactly leave you with much to go on or continue with, with only saying “oh nice” so I think he should be able to understand why you didn’t reply back at the time.

It’s tough, girl I want I’ll prob have to initiate and it terrifies me 🤪... so good luck on your sitch :). Hope it works out :).