Is there such a thing as being too available to someone?

Just wondering if being to available is a turn off and unattractive?
Any suggestions on what to do so as to not appear to available besides making plans with friends etc?

320

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is. It sends the message to them that you are sacrificing doing your own hobbies, life etc to keep them happy. It also comes across like you don't have any other dating options and you are desperate to keep that one person in your life, like getting them is your sole purpose because you aren't quality enough to meet others. Meeting someone you are attracted to is nice, but in the early stages you don't know them that well yet, so they shouldn't occupy too much of your time.

The solution is simple. Get busy. Have at least 2-3 people who you are interested in that you are texting and planning dates with in the early stages. That way you'll end each interaction on your terms to be able to have 'you time' and not seem like you want to text them all night long and drag out the conversation because you're also texting others.

Most Helpful Girl

• its not to not 'appear' too available, its about living life having interests goals etc. by default you would not be available all the time. but if someone likes you they like being able to be with you. if someone feels you're too available they are not interested in you just feeling like they had a challenge and conquered something by catching you midst a busy schedule or other suitors.

so dont worry about them.

a person you are interested in should be interested in you. if they are not thrilled they get to sped time with you in your free time- leave it.