Can I still make friends at 26?

It seems as if many people already have their group of friends... and i admit... i can use some new friends... i lost touch with old ones and it not like they know a lot of me... right now i have a total of three friends... used to be more but these people were bad... plain selfish users so i dumped them... but i do admit as i get older the more i dont want to have friends... but i can use some good ones... so is it too late? and if it isn't why?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know Miss. I'm 29 and I hardly ever make friends, but I want to believe that it can be done, because human is a social creature and similar interests exist. It's just awkward to make new friends at my age.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You have three friends! Woot!!

I had zero at 26. I had moved to a new city for work and was so alone.

Yes, you can. It just takes time.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• It's possible it's just harder. Normally most of the common socializing periods are done at that point: school, military, college etc. You have to go join clubs or try to make friends at work or join Facebook groups or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you can make friends with people of any age at any age. You just need to stop being afraid to open up. Its ok to show people who you are. It is ok to let them get to know the real you. Why? because you want real friends not fake ones.

Be the real you, be open minded and try not to push them away when they come to you. You can do it! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t understand why 26 would be too old to make friends. You can make friends at any age, just go out and meet a lot of people.

0|2
    0|0
  • Its Possible... I dont know how tho... My friends are either the people that knew my childhood stuff... or classmates that talked to me and stll does now... I really dont get the process on getting friends... but its possible

0|0
    0|0
  • It's never too late, but you can't create a friendship just by asking for one. Those kind of things just happen. And you don't need a lot of friends, just a few trustful ones

0|0
    0|0
  • you can make friends at any age.. it is easier to make friends with people that share some type of connection with you.. like coworkers, moms with newborns.. heck, even reaching out to some high school/college friends you were close to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not as old as you so I might not have the idea. I can just say that you van join some interest groups in your city which are compatible to your hobbies and I am sure you'll find someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can Make Friends at any Age Just be Open and Friendly. But Yeah even i Have Just 2 friends and making it worst is Single Tag on Me

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda have the same problem. I lost all my school friends and only have a few which is kinda sad. However those few friends are solid. Still, i wish i could make more friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 35 and I'm still making new friends 😊
    But it depends on how you define friend. I think it's more precise to ask about making close friend if i got your point right

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah close friends

• Well well !! Close friends are few anyway.. i can tell you're lucky to have 3 .. that's more than enough 😊

• You can make friends. But are you really not afraid that how new friends might turn out? Are willing to take those hits again?

0|0
    0|0
    • thats the thing

• Show All
    • but the friends i made in the past were shitty

• Past is over. Gone. They are gone too.. look every friend is not perfect everyone will hurt you. Accept it. But one thing you gotta be tough to make some real good friends and have a very big heart. If you count every small mistake then you are gonna have no friends at all. You have to do some changes mentally too.. it's tough but yeah I know what you have gone through. I have went through the same shit. I had to make some changes of my own.

• Its not. But like you say its harder.. not like school

0|0
    0|0
  • never to late. be yourself. go and have a good life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never too old to make friends. I make friends most times i engage with mutual friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Frds have no criteria... and my personal experience says the best frds are made when u dont expect

0|0
    0|0
  • Never too late to make friends

0|1
    0|0
  • it's never too late

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure you can. I'll be your friend starting now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never to old to make new friends

0|1
    0|0
  • sure

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• there's no age to make friends

0|0