Boyfriend said that if I don't have a job he will support me and buy me stuff I want?

Does he love me? he wants me to quit night shift job?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• yes, he's your boyfriend for a reason, and that's probably because he wants to spend more time with you

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • We hang out like everyday we're not working and I only work on weekends

• Show All
    • Is he worried I'll make more than him as a server?

• maybe? though i don't see why that should be a problem

Most Helpful Girl

• He does he wants to take care of u

0|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Sounds like he's trying to be controlling, to put you in a dot you can't get away from. No job, no money if you're own, now you're dependant, and the longer your this way, the harder it is for you to join the work force again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah he probably love you, but just don't leave your work, or at least just change it. Because if you let him support you and things turn bad between you, you will be stuck with him. Family where the man support alone the money have a higher rate of infidelity from the man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Avoid this. It's fairly common with men who are controlling. If you quit you won't have your own money, you will have what he dools out to you. He will probably make subtle comments about how he is the sole provider and chip at your self esteem while making you more dependent on him. I would avoid this situation at all costs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you showed that you want to quit? How about life outside a relationship friends that sort if thing?

He either doesn't want you to be miserable or he's controlling and is cutting you off from other people for that means

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he just wants some body that he can take care of completely, wants you to be happy and worry free. But if that is impacting on your career and future then tell him about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • if he actually can support you and you do want to work night shifts then i say go ahead :) but if you are trying to build your career then you should let him consider that

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally he should be the bread winner. But you need to see if he really can afford you =D

0|0
    0|0
  • nah dont do that. if you quit your job our life is in his hands. i may be a bit sexist but im not gonna le you uin your life. wokr your own money you never know hwen you'll need it

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on you really. Women fought for independence but it doesn't mean its best for everyone.

Though, housewives are most likely to cheat so i wouldn't encourage it myself

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants you to quit i guess. It may sound innocent for you and him, but that would make you too dependent on him which is a bad thing. He would be more on the controlling side as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you really feel like you'll be more happy of you're dependent on him for everything you want?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not enough information to form any opinion. Like how long is the relation. Context of the situation. Too many variables not known.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do that. Till when u did not get other job of the day. May he want to flourish you in night... And don't be dependant.

0|0
    0|0
  • The guy's an idiot. And you're happy with that arrangement, then you're a parasite.

0|0
    0|0
  • As loner says, plus, if your boyfriend loses his job, then you are both in the shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • If that makes you happy then go for it. I'd say he loves you if he wants to spend time with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants a housewife which is reasonable enough but be sure it's what you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not clear how long his patience is in support
    but most in love that have a career/steady job do want more time with SO and also don't want them unhappy in a job... that in time could be traded for a better one + one whose work times are same as his

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes