Am I being racist here?

I love black people. Both black men and women! The curvy women, the muscular men.. It really attracts me! A white girl said I was racist, but it's just a preferance. Now how's a preferance racist?
  • Yes you are
    Vote A
  • No you're not
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• preference is much different from thinking less of those from other races

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• You are a racist if your opinion of them has more to do with his race than the person himself. Change gender to apply to the girls. Just because I am more physically attracted to people of one race than another has nothing to do with how I feel about them as a person.

2|1
    1|0
  • The actual definition of racism via Merriam Webster

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2 a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
    b : a political or social system founded on racism
    3 : racial prejudice or discrimination
    So by this it's either thinking a race is the primary determinant of a persons behavior and that a race can be considered to be superior due to that determination.
    Or
    "racial prejudice"
    I'm not sure you qualify as a racist you're attracted to certain traits that a race has, you do not seem to believe that race to be generally superior, save for those particular traits.
    Oddly enough by the definition of racism I wonder if I qualify. I like to think of my self as a racist because I'm a race realist and think that race affects your behavior. By the actual definition of racism I have to think it's the primary determining factor so I'm failing there. I also have to believe in the inherent superiority of a given race. I'm not being properly racist in my thinking that both Asians and whites have superior traits. Worse is my suspicion that there might be some kind of genius gene or some such thing hidden in lower IQ races that is being suppressed by the overwhelming number of low IQ types. To claim to be racist It seems I need to pick a certain race and have a prejudice for that race. I do have a prejudice for the white race but it's based on love of my own race, it's culture, history technical achievements etc. I'm not sure if it's true racism if I suspect other races might be capable of achieving the same given proper environmental conditions or the right turn of history. Interesting thought experiment, I'd sill like to claim the title of racist , have that out there as a big fuck you to globalist commies but I imagine they could punch holes in it were they interested in doing so.
    Anyway, I wanted to delve into what it means to be a real racist just to help clarify it some for both of us. Regardless , the girl your talking about probably never looked at a dictionary definition of racism , she picked it up via campus culture or just hanging around the wrong people. The kind of people I'm thinking of have a nasty political agenda, of communism. She should get away from them, they eat their own frequently.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly she is right
    Just most people don't see it because they are also guilty of it

To make it simple
    1. Preferences are NOT racial preferences
    2. Preferences do not soley determine who you date. For instance. I prefer brunette over blonde BUT id obviously still data a blonde. People that racially descriminate actually wouldn't date a black person at all BECAUSE they are black
    Thats not a preference lol

Make sense?

2|1
    0|0
    • Even if it's not an exclusive thing it's still racism (:= feeling prejudice based on race). It's like saying you have a preference for right-handed people, it's meaningless. White/black people do not necessarily have any physical features in common.

• With preferring a race it's about buying into these stereotypes, but I think the majority of people would be into anyone who had the actual physical features they like regardless of race, so their imagined preference is harmless. Then there are the people who will actively refuse to date black people for the sole reason that they're black, and that's when the "preference" is really racist.

• @Laureate
      Sure. And having a preference for a right handed person wouldn't stop you from developing a connection with a left handed person

But it seems people want to advocate that if one would never date a chinese man that the person isn't racist against a chinese person

--> racism is when you project that a particular race is superipr to another

By telling a asisn guy i won't date you becausse i dont date Asians because i dont like Asian features is implying inferiority. Which is the exact definition of racism

Its just cloaked and wrapped in a bow tie

• It's not racist, it's stereotyping. Yeah, you love black people, perhaps over others, but based on what? That "preference" is puts it's basis on oversimplifying the race to have commonality through ALL people of that race.

That doesn't make it inherently bad, I won't take y'all that deep down the rabbit hole, but positive stereotyping is a thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • the definition of racism is being diluted to the point of stupidity.

i read someone was called racist for wearing a kimono when they weren't japanese.

having a preference for black people isn't discriminating against anyone or denying them their rights. its a preference. no different to gender, age or hair colour.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's actually more like a preference of star sign. That is, fucking stupid. Acting like all people of a certain race have certain qualities is - you guessed it - racist.

• Show All
    • Do black people have certain feature sets though? Like what? Big lips, baggy pants, lots of guns?

• well brown eyes for a start. just as white people are less likely to have them, genetically speaking a black person is more likely to have brown eyes.

just as a white person is more likely to have thin lips. or the fat distrubution on a black girl tends to sit on the hips and ass while leaving the waist skinny.

let's not try and make this something it isn't, hmm?

genetics gives people certain features. some of them obvious (skin colour, facial structure) others less so (temperment, illnesses, dietary tolerances etc).

and before you suggest it, no. noticing differences between you and me is not racism either. that would be treating you badly based on your race alone.

• Nothing racist about anything you just said. A preference, and being racist is two widely different things.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not racist. 90% percent of racism claims are not racist. 90% of people who accuse others of racism are racist.
    That statistic is real. I know this because i just invented it all by myself.

0|3
    0|1
  • I wonder what's gonna happen if I say I love white people. Or Asian people. I bet 99% of people will go batsh*t crazy.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm black and don't find you racist for that

• Show All
    • I wish you learn rational thinking. Take care.

• Hahahahahahhahahahahaahah

• Fucking ignore her, everything gets called fucking racist these days

3|1
    0|0
  • Not racist.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not racist at all

1|0
    0|0
  • No you're not

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, your not.

0|0
    0|0
  • So you like me ;)

0|0
    1|0
  • No you're not

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on whether you are white or black. Black people "can't be racist" and white people "are born racist".

2|1
    1|1
  • Apparently if you love or prefer a particular race you're not racist unless you prefer white, then some say you're a racist.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not racist at all. I myself love white girls, they're so cute with their blonde hair and blue eyes. White people are so beautiful. I'm proud to be white.

0|0
    0|0
    • What that means is that you like girls with blonde hair and blue eyes. You don't like white girls with other coloring.

• I like them, but I don't love them as much

What Girls Said 11

• Its a preference.
    By definition: rac·ist
    ˈrāsəst/Submit
    noun
    a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Liking a race is the exact opposite. Shows her ignorance

0|0
    0|0
    • "believes that a particular race is superior" How is this the exact opposite of liking a race?

• Show All
    • 😂 I'm not going to say she's an awful person for having a preference, but it is based on stereotypes. Black people having bigger muscles or bigger whatever else, it isn't really true. Now saying that you're attracted to muscly men or curvy women is a valid preference because those are actual physical features

• Well its exactly the definition lol
      If a chinese girl asked me out on a date and i told her no i don't date Chinese women because i don't like chinese features. --> she will feel inferior to races without chinese features

That is exactly what the defintion means

• It's only racist if you are stereotyping that every black woman is curvy and every black man is muscular. If you say, "I like muscular black guys" that's not racist. If you're implying all black guys are hot muscular boy toys, then it's racist. See the difference?

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's only racist if you went on to say "ONLY muscular black men and curvy black women are appealing, white muscular men and curvy Asian women are ugly as fuck." Assuming you didn't say something like that then no I don't think it's racist.
    I think you have preferences and there's nothing wrong with that. We all prefer something, not necessarily a race, could be a trait or an ability.
    It sounds like the person calling you a racist is a bit too sensitive, in my opinion. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Im not sure how that deems as being racist if your open to other ethnicities. Everyone has preferences.

I think that person needs look up what the definition of being racist actually is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Preference and racism are two completely different things and you just have preference

1|0
    0|1
  • It’s only racist if you said “I love black people, but I would never date another race because they aren’t black”.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not racist, but I just hope you're not fetishes us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn, it's racist af.

0|1
    2|0
  • No you are not.

0|0
    0|0
  • its just a preference.. nothing wrong with it

0|0
    0|1
  • LOL not racist