My new boyfriend is a super great guy but overweight. I want to be attracted to him physically but I'm not. Can attraction grow over time?

• Yes, if you like them enough
  • No, not really
  • Only if he loses weight
    Vote C
  • I don't know
    Vote D

524

Most Helpful Guy

• You chose him how he is. You don't get to pick and choose the things you get to keep in a man and the things you get to change. If he WANTS to change, then he will, but it is his choice and NOBODY has the right to tell him to change for them. If you love him and want to be with him, then you need to understand that you get the bad qualities with the good. If you think you just can't handle it, then that's prerogative and you need to be honest with him.

• Yup, that's my dilemma. I absolutely believe you must accept someone as they are or not at all.

• adding, "only if he loses weight" as an option was if he spontaneously chose to do it himself.

• There is a phrase that goes "learn to love". If you truly love this guy, and he doesn't want to change, then you will have to learn to love everything about him including his physical appearance. I think your heart is in the right place. Listen to it and it will probably lead you in the right direction.

Most Helpful Girl

• How did you get to be boyfriend and girlfriend if you don't find him attractive?

• We met online and I fell in love with his personality. We have so much in common and he treats me like a real lady. No one has done that in so long.

• Good luck and I hope it works out for you

• Thanks, we'll see! On the flip side he knows amazing restaurants. I have had more incredible gourmet food in the past couple weeks then I've had in my entire year. Lol