Have you ever slept with a close friend? Did you remain friends afterwards?

Asking this question to see if it is possible. I have a long distance friend of six years but we both travel a lot for work and can see each other that way. It's always been platonic, we have both dated many other people. Then earlier this year we started flirting and it was fun and we felt closer to each other.

I have always gotten along with him, we make each other laugh and smile and we both look so happy around each other. He always pays when we go places, he compliments me and pays an interest in my life and I do the same. We fell out once and he told me he thought about it every week and missed me, that I'm different and special to him. I don't know what I feel about him, and I don't know if he likes me. I know he wants to sleep with me but I'm worried it will end such a long friendship.

I dated and slept with a close friend once before and it permanently ended our friendship and we both regret that. But I don't want to just settle for sex with somebody I've cared for for so long now. Have you ever slept with a close friend and did you remain friends afterwards? Or started dating?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• My best friend and I very occasionally sleep together when we're both single. We're different enough that we wouldn't consider being a couple, but the sex has done nothing bad for our friendship. However, I don't know if I could do that with just anyone, and would be careful about it.