Guys, Need A Man's Advice. Is he still into his ex or being paranoid?

I was set up with my friends SO’s friend. We met late October. The issue is, upon finding out, my friend told me he likes about every other picture his ex has posted. My friend told me that they broke up in early October. I do know she broke up with him and tried to reconcile a week later, he said no. That he was happy & had moved on within that week they were broken up. That same night and following day he sent her about 6 or 7 messages. He was saying how her breaking up with him really messed with his head and how he wanted to stay but felt like he couldn't. Later told her he was struggling with the breakup and she said she was too. Also, they had also discussed marriage and kids.

It wasn’t until recently that my friend’s SO really spilled the beans about their breakup- none of which my friend knew prior to setting me up. My friend is under the impression that he tried to make her jealous (I don’t agree). He snapped a video of his food and then showed the girl he was on a date then posted it on social media. He did this was a few weeks after telling her that he was struggling.

She sent him a message saying she was hurt but loved him enough to be happy for him to be moving on. He replied with a “?”, and she said I’m referring to your new date. He told her how he loved her very much but they just had a lot of issues. Then sent her another message saying it’s not wise to give out information about what may or may not be going on his dating life. She said she wasn’t asking but wished him all the best. He then liked her picture a few days later and I was told he was looking at her social media. This happened in Nov. He liked a picture she posted a few weeks ago. My friend also told me now in Dec. he will do things like ignore her Snapchat but will look at her friend’s snaps.

Recently his mother was put into hospice. I was with him and he had his messages up and I saw he told her, “thanks for the card”. So apparently she sent him some sympathy card or something.
1. If he was still interested in her he would’ve said more than thanks for the card right?

2. Also, if he was interested he wouldn’t do things like ignore her Snapchat and look at her friend’s Snapchat, he would just look at it pretty frequently like he did last month right?

1