Why do girls from nice suburban neighborhoods like thugs, criminals and gangsters?

I’ve been wondering about this for the longest time and hoping someone could put things into perspective for me on this. Obviously this kinda guy is the wrong choice for many reasons. I’ve seen this kinda thing in my hometown, where the girl who’s the all A student, comes from the nicest upscale neighborhood, who’s parents are happily married , not only gets with this kinda guy, but makes it a point to only get with these kinda guys. I just don’t get it. Today all the girls like that I knew are single moms and not really doing a whole lot, hoping from one shitty job to the next. What is the appeal of this kinda guy over a guy who makes good grades, makes good decisions and has goals and plans for his life. Is the thug really that cool of a guy?Why do girls from nice suburban neighborhoods like thugs, criminals and gangsters.?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They may be thugs publicly but a lot of times they'll open up to their gfs which is very endearing.

0|0
    1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Women are passionate creatures. They are hot for the bad boys because they are exciting, but want long term guys who are stable and have their shit together. Trick is to have your shit together (eg make good money) and also be interesting/exciting. But you probably won't have much time to do anything exciting since you are busy making a career legally. It's a conundrum!

0|0
    0|0
    • Exactly, you have hit the nail on the head! It’s hard to have time to hang out and be a be cool guy when you’re going to school, working and getting your shit together. I’ve been there myself. You really do have to sacrifice your time and put those exciting things to the side for a bit to build a future. The thug has nothing but time and is up for whatever because he’s got nothing else better to do. But then again the girls I know that are hanging around the thugs, smoking out, doing ghetto things aren’t doing much with their life either.

• Show All
    • I could never be the low life these guys are. I’ve worked too hard to get where I’m at today. It never fails either that after many of these girls pop out a kid and mr cool doesn’t want to help her out, now she wants that educated and career oriented kinda guy she should have gotten with from the start.

• Well they took the bait and fell in the trap... kind of ironic when life bites you in the ass, isn't it?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 11

• Where one grows up is not a sign of IQ
    Opposites attract
    New venues & to-dos will always be in vogue
    Some guys are more aggressive in what/who they want, easier to give a YES to

0|1
    0|0
  • They like excitement, and these thugs provide that. The focused, clean-cut successful guy would be a better choice, but girls find him boring.

0|0
    0|0
    • There's also the fact that even though these thugs don't really have much to offer, their self-confidence is through the roof. Girls get turned on to that.

• Yeah, true enough, the good guy doesn’t got time to hang out and do all those fun and exciting things. He focused on more important things.

• Probably shallow or emotionally stunted in some way. They're just seeking their own kind. Obviously they're at a genetic disadvantage with their instinct to go with those men. The girls that chose decent men had successful lives while they ended up working in a gas station living off welfare or locked up in prison etc. Bad genes show up all the time, the problem is we're not pruning them back. Criminals should be sterilized in many cases for instance. Low IQ people could qualify for money if they are sterilized. A lot would go for it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well cause the suburban life is boring... to them
    They need a little action lol

0|0
    0|0
    • A single mom on food stamps living at home with their parents. That sounds exciting to me.

• Because parents fed the girls this silly ideas that loves conquer all and money isn't important.

Love is like a limb and a piece of yourself. You hurt if you lose it. You feel incomplete without it.

Money is like clothes. You get new ones and you throw out the old ones.

However, if you loose a limb and you have money then you can get a fake limb or a wheel chair. You wouldn't be perfect or very happy but you can find your happiness and you can still get along just fine.

On the other hand, if you have no clothes and no money then you wouldn't be able to leave the house and probably die of hypothermia. You also get arrested and go to jail if you go out.

It's sounds funny but it's dead serious. You can live without love until you die of natural causes but you can not live without money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Poor parenting.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think it’s a combination of poor parenting and that these girls go off of what they see in the media and gangster rap videos that the hood is this cool place where there’s always a party and everyone has no worries, so they want to be part of that. The hood is not a cool place. It’s broken down housing, food stamps, welfare, loud neighbors, kids running around with no shoes on their feet. It is not a place any sane human being wants to stay. I lived in an apartment complex that took section 8 and these people were not by any means cool or hip.

• They like the feeling of excitement and danger.

0|0
    0|0
  • do you really need to ask why come on man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because its something different from everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • They are spoilt kids that live in a safe world and want to make their parents mad

1|1
    0|0
    • I think a lot of parent issues somewhere. This girl knows of course her parents would like to see her with a well dressed, clean cut fine looking gentleman, so she does everything to find the exact opposite of that to piss them off. She starts acting and talking like ghetto trash to get even more of a rise out of them. I’ve seen this play out with one or two girls in my hometown

• Me too

• It's exotic

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes