Why do girls from nice suburban neighborhoods like thugs, criminals and gangsters?

I’ve been wondering about this for the longest time and hoping someone could put things into perspective for me on this. Obviously this kinda guy is the wrong choice for many reasons. I’ve seen this kinda thing in my hometown, where the girl who’s the all A student, comes from the nicest upscale neighborhood, who’s parents are happily married , not only gets with this kinda guy, but makes it a point to only get with these kinda guys. I just don’t get it. Today all the girls like that I knew are single moms and not really doing a whole lot, hoping from one shitty job to the next. What is the appeal of this kinda guy over a guy who makes good grades, makes good decisions and has goals and plans for his life. Is the thug really that cool of a guy?Why do girls from nice suburban neighborhoods like thugs, criminals and gangsters.?

112

Most Helpful Girl

• They may be thugs publicly but a lot of times they'll open up to their gfs which is very endearing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women are passionate creatures. They are hot for the bad boys because they are exciting, but want long term guys who are stable and have their shit together. Trick is to have your shit together (eg make good money) and also be interesting/exciting. But you probably won't have much time to do anything exciting since you are busy making a career legally. It's a conundrum!

• Exactly, you have hit the nail on the head! It’s hard to have time to hang out and be a be cool guy when you’re going to school, working and getting your shit together. I’ve been there myself. You really do have to sacrifice your time and put those exciting things to the side for a bit to build a future. The thug has nothing but time and is up for whatever because he’s got nothing else better to do. But then again the girls I know that are hanging around the thugs, smoking out, doing ghetto things aren’t doing much with their life either.

• I could never be the low life these guys are. I’ve worked too hard to get where I’m at today. It never fails either that after many of these girls pop out a kid and mr cool doesn’t want to help her out, now she wants that educated and career oriented kinda guy she should have gotten with from the start.

• Well they took the bait and fell in the trap... kind of ironic when life bites you in the ass, isn't it?