If you had been with somebody for 7 years and found out they had cheated on you in the very beginning of the relationship , what would you do?

I’ve always wondered about this because it happened in my family. My father has apparently cheated on my mother wishing their first months dating but didn’t tell her until 14 years into their relationship... she was livid and almost left him. How would y’all react?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol Oh shit I would get so angry. I'd kick them out of my life faster than the flash can sprint across the country.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I would end the relationship immediately! No exceptions. I would have a big enough problem with a one-night-stand, let alone continuously cheating for multiple years on end.

If someone has a mental illness that causes them to exhibit uninhibited sexual behavior, then that's not really cheating because cheating requires a continuous effort to betray, conceal, and deceive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually can tell if a girls been cheating on me by her actions
    But if someone waited for 7 years to tell me they cheated i would
    be sad and depressed. Like i said, i can tell when I'm being cheated
    on just by their actions and their availability for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • After many happy years -- I wouldn't care. I would care if it were ongoing or had occurred multiple times and was likely to happen again. Even then if the relationship was good I might suggest that we just be honest about our desires.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shit I'd be pretty upset my mother did about the same thing but.. Like she cheated on my father since I was 4 and kept cheating for about 14 years. So I don't really know how to feel...

If they stayed with me and ended what they did in the past then I think I'll be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • This has become SO common
    that history should be water under the bridge
    and all focus on today & tomorrow intentions

0|1
    0|0
  • So in your question you say that they'd been together 7 years, but in your details you say it was 14 years. Which is it?

0|0
    0|0
  • This is one of those things that's hard to evaluate if you're not the one who got cheated on. Sure, we can all say we'd dump that person, but when you've been with someone that long, it's a different consideration than if they're caught cheating right away early in the relationship (when they'd definitely be dumped). Another complication is that people often don't truly forgive the people they say they forgive, i. e., there's still lingering resentment, plus what if you now have kids together? That alters the calculus significantly. You may still come to the conclusion that you want to dump the cheater anyway, but it is not always a no-brainer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would leave them because they never told me. I wouldn't be able to trust them and i value that most in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was 7 years ago and he didn't leave her for some other girl that means she is his priority and so in my opinion it shouldn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd ask them why. In my experience people are unfaithful because some need isn't being met, or they're getting something elsewhere they're not getting with me. I had an ex cheat on me because I have a low sex drive for instance, as predictable as that is, and I've cheated on people for the same reason. If I'd been with someone for years and things were ok but they were unfaithful in the first year or something, I'd want to understand why, what they felt they weren't getting from me, and really push to see if they're happy with me now and see how things are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I would make it the biggest thing. Such as discretely telling everyone and just ruining there life for wasting so long of yours

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it IS 7 years ago... i geuss it depends on the person who was cheated with

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave them

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the end of that shit, bye.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd leave probably

0|0
    0|0
  • bbye

0|0
    0|0
  • Feel fucking awful.

0|0
    0|0
  • How early in the relationship? Like a couple dates or a couple months

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd broke up with her and say to her that i never wanna see your face again.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I can’t say exactly what I’d do without being in the situation. I can see it going either way, based on the details of the scenario and how they handled the whole thing. It would be a tough thing to work through but not completely impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d feel like an idiot for loving him so long and seriously think of leaving. If we were t married and had no kids, I would leave.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’d be highly pissed. I’d want to know who what when and where. I like to know details. I’d ask him every single thing about his little sexual escapade. 7 years is a long time to be together. But if it was just once , I may be able to overlook it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I'd end the relationship. My relationship is founded on trust. So if I discovered he'd cheated early on in the relationship , I'd lose all respect for him. I'd also fall out of love with him because I couldn't love a guy who'd lied to me during our entire relationship. It would show just how deceitful he was and his potential. Keeping that secret for that length of time would show a cunning deceitful side to his character

There's no justification for cheating. Even if it's during the early stages of the relationship. He'd no longer be the guy I believed him to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feel very angry. Leave them.

0|0
    0|0
    • You aren’t afraid on leaving a boy are you? Most girls are, haha 😝

• Demand that I get to do it too.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes