When I guy says he wants to be on his own for a bit what does he generally mean?

I know this might sound like a stupid question but guys what do you actually mean? Like do you not want to be in a relationship with a certain someone or not seeing anyone at all doing your own thing?

This guy who I used to date has said this to me in the last week... I love you but you need to convince me to be in a relationship with you... I want space to be on my own... I want to do my own thing... my head is messed up I'm not sure what I want...

Then today it's I want to be on my own. Stand on my own two feet, not meet anyone sexually.

After hearing this.. me and him have not spoke at all! I dont know what to say other than I respect his wishes. Is this guy confused? We slept together 3 times and he hasn't met anyone else and that I do know. FACT.

08

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes people simply need space and time apart to come to clarity. Respect his request and give him the time he needs. He may come back on his own time when things are clearer between the relationship and each other.

• So I've not lost him for good? We kinda ended up having an argument really.

• Thank you for replying. Its just so hard. And now to have this argument I hate it when we get like this. Especially him when he goes on blank mode right before Christmas too. :(

• I put this to him on whatsapp about an hour after he left...

You said you want time on your own that's fine I understand. My heads a mess and your heads a mess. I'll let you figure this out. I hope to see you when Ash is born that's if you want to come after seeing the girls. I respect what you have said but please respect what I have said please.