Is it okay that my boyfriend told me he likes some “girly” things?

I know he’s not gay, he’s bisexual (which means he’s attracted to both women and men).

But he recently told me he likes his nails painted, and he likes the idea of makeup/some girls clothes.

He told me he feels embarrassed about it, and he told me to forget he even said anything.

I’m not sure what to think now. I know he loves me, and I love him.. But how should I feel about this?

I’ve told him I don’t mind, and to be himself. It just worries me a bit, I don’t know why.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• My guess is that it bothers because you are attracted to guys and the attributes that guys display. Conversely, you're not attracted to girls attributes. He wants to display traditionally girly attributes, hence your issue.

Most Helpful Girl

• Liking feminine things does not make him gay nor does it manifest from his bisexuality. He trusted you with something he likes. If he likes women’s clothes maybe he likes cross dressing but that doesn’t mean he loves you any less. Truthfully, femininity and masculinity are personal preferences, so maybe you’re just put off by the idea of it.