How do I find a guy ready to be a father?

I'm 18 and I'm finding it hard to find someone ready for commitment.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys your age or a little older aren't interested in getting awakened by a screaming baby in the middle of the night who needs a diaper change. They want to enjoy themselves.
    The guy first has to make enough money to support a family. It's wise of him not to commit to do that until he can.

Either look for guys around 30 or so who have a stable job or put it off until you're a bit older (say 25) and have more work experience and, if applicable, a degree, so you'll have an easier time re-entering the workforce.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not in the least bit surprised , especially if you're going to try pressing them into fatherhood.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Im catholic, so i guess I've just been brought up with different expectations in relationships

• You have to remember though that most guys will not want to commit to such a relationship so early in life.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Most people especially those not from religious backgrounds don't see the need in marriage or parenthood until late 20s and older. That's why for the most part I stay out of relationships rn as most girls just date to date while I would rather see them as a potential wife. (I was brought up born again Christian So I have differing views from most)

0|0
    0|0
  • Slow down you got plenty of time. Give it 5 years, enjoy life first. Travel. After you have kids you lose a lot of freedom.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys at this age aren't interested in commitement since they're not fully ready to it I think. Why would you want to marry and have a child if I may ask

0|0
    0|0
  • That's because you are 18. You're a year away from having to ask permission to use the bathroom in school. Maybe live a little first

0|0
    0|0
  • Because someone ready to be a father should be having you as a prospect.
    You are too young for that

0|0
    0|0
    • You have an entire life ahead of you to do what ever you want and study more become successful, fulfill your dreams and aspirations.
      Why do you want to have a baby this soon

• buy a box of condoms and cut holes in them

2|2
    0|0
  • You are to young to know what you really want. Experience life find yourself before you lose yourself

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm a father myself, wasn't planned and split with the mother but being civil we share custody and I love him to pieces

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, you're already 18 and haven't had kids yet? I'm shocked.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm 38 and still looking for a wife. You could be waiting a while

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have the money to raise a child? Would you even be a good mother?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. just find the right guy. im looking for the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ol. I'm 24 and ready for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • OK. How many kids do you want us to have?

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoa, you behind on a pregnancy pact?

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, best of luck, babe...

0|0
    0|0
  • By searching

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have to say older guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if you promise our babies will come out good looking.

0|0
    0|1
  • So how old is this guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• You probably won't find anyone your own age who's ready to be a father

0|0
    0|0
  • Date older guys like 24-30

0|0
    0|1
  • Cut that out. You're 18. Finish school.

0|0
    0|0
    • A career won't make me happy, but my own family will

• Show All
    • I know that, im going to university. But i still want to find a guy ready to have a family for when im finished in less than 5 years

• Expect to meet that guy in about 4 years.

• Not a lot of guys want to be fathers at a young age. Maybe try looking into your church, I'm sure some guys have similiar beliefs

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes