Relationship Advice For A Christian?

This is directed to others of the faith, doesn't matter if you aren't all opinions are welcome. I have a crush on a girl and she likes me, however she is atheist and am not sure if I should pursue her.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol dude what did you tell me? That God will brig the right one to you, you dont have to worry. God says do not be unequally yolked. He wants us to share our faith together and support each other in our faith walks. Think of soloman. He got wives that had other faiths and eventually he broke down and worshiped them too. Its a slippery slope man. Stay strong fighting!

1|1
    0|0
    • Yes, I remember haha, she just seemed so innocent that's all. Thank you for replying! It greatly helps and you are totally right!

Most Helpful Guy

• If yiu value your faith you should not. Dating other Christians isn't some arbitrary rule you have to follow - we do it for a reason. Date a Christian that shares your values and views on dating. You're aiming for marriage and most likely an eventual family, right? Do you really want to have kids with someone when you can't even agree on how they should be raised?

You don't have to know whether or not you'll marry a girl before you even date her, but obvious things like faith or lack there of already clue you in on the fact that it will never work in the long term. You'd just be wasting your time and hers if you're fully aware that you're just going to break up someday

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• My husband is atheist. You don't have to let it bother you. You just have to both be respectful of each other. But you never know what you may learn from people who have a different perspective.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Okay, all missions are go. For if you marry her and is a non believe she is saved. Ill pull up the quote.

0|1
    1|1
    • Corinthians 7:12-14: “…If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband…”

• Show All
    • 2 Corinthians 6:14
      Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Your verse is talking about how your children are not going to be born "unclean" because of your unbelieving spouse. Quit confusing the poor kid.

• Thats Gods saying if you become a Christian AFTER you got married you can stay married and dont have to divorce...

• Maybe you could learn a lot from each other. Part of relationship success is compromise and flexibility. If you can't be flexible or tolerant of her views, then might as well forget it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn’t waste your time if I were you.
    As strict as your views are, you probably don’t even realize how preachy and obnoxious it can be. Two people of moderate views can comprise, but you’re past that.

0|0
    1|0
    • I love how you automatically assume he's some kind of fascist because he said he was a Christian...

• @yousir I’ve seen him around here before

• Didn't seem you put you off enough to keep you from responding to his question

• Leave that bitch and find a Christian then

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes