What is a lot of texting?

I'm just curious as to whether we text a normal amount for a couple dating. We are both a bit older, him in his 40s, me in my 30s.

We have been seeing each other for nearly 4 months. We do text most days and see each other 2-4 times a week. In the last 7 weeks, we have sent nearly 8000 texts. Is that normal, a lot or not that many? I feel like it's a lot and it's quite intense but maybe I'm just not used to dating habits with a mobile phone lol. The reason I'm asking, is that I feel like we are really into each other, the fact we text loads is just part of that assumption.

02