Why do people hate gold diggers so much?

Not a gold digger myself since I come from an affluent family, but I'm just curious to why a lot of guys hate them. Going after a man for money is no different than going after a woman for sex. Sugar daddies are no more innocent than sugar babies/call girls/strippers are.
I notice that a lot of people tend to tell these gold diggers to "get a job", but sometimes regardless of how hard you work, you just can't afford the things you want. Very few jobs are able to provide a stable income that would enable someone to live a comfortable lifestyle. So they have to get it somehow. Especially if they lack the skills or support necessary in order to succeed.
In the end, it's a mutually beneficial relationship. You're getting this one specific girl you want and she's getting the money. So both parties are getting rewarded and no one is getting hurt.

If you don't want to get seriously involved with a gold digger, there's nothing wrong with that, but I think it's a double standard that guys are applauded for using girls for sex, while girls are humiliated when they use men for money.

320

Most Helpful Guy

• If a guy wanted sex and had the intention to spend money on it... quite frankly a prostitute is cheaper than a girlfriend that wants you to buy them stuff. No one likes a manipulator.

Also never assume a guy just wants sex... many do but not all. The ones who don't genuinely want a relationship with a girl who likes them not a girl who doesn't care about them. There's no security in that relationship. If the guy runs out of money... she leaves. I don't want that. I dunno does that make sense.

• A prostitute doesn't offer the same kind of emotional stimulation and ability the way a girlfriend would.

• *availability

• Perhaps so... but who would want a girlfriend that doesn't care for/about them? That's what gold digger implies. One who cares about money and your only value as a boyfriend to them rests in how much money you possess, and willingness to spend said money on them. They aren't in the relationship for you even if you're in it for them, and so you're never in it for them because they aren't worth being in it in the first place... That's why people hate gold diggers. They don't give anything to the relationship that can't be found LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE!! xD

Most Helpful Girl

• a lot of people hate gold diggers, because ideally you want to be in a relationship for love and if there's wealth then thats just the icing on top of the cake. Obviously sugar daddy's and baby relationships are different because there's no actual relationship just transaction/sex based, people get uncomfortable calling themselves prostitutes lol. I guess, BUT there is a huge difference if you're dating someone and they just love spoiling you, and you do not feel like you have to do anything in return because of that and vice versa, because you GENUINELY want to. Ofcourse there's lots of people that want to be taken care of. If it works for others then so be it but understand exactly what type of "relationship" you're in and dont try to sugar coat it, just be real.