WWYD if you were supposed to meet someone for drinks for the first time but he kept trying to steer the date to his place?

We are supposed to meet up but he keeps trying to make it seem as though we should meet at his spot. There is 0 chance that I would have sex with him on the first meeting. Should I cancel and forget about the whole thing? He could be an axe murderer...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, forget it. Safety number 1

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Not necessarily cancel, but be weary of it. You don't OWE him a date. You don't even owe him a kiss.

He might not want the full on sex, but it's pretty likely he wants that (or at least a heavy make out session) to happen. Do NOT meet him at his place if you're uncomfortable. And if he keeps bugging you, then you can cancel the date. Don't let him charm you or let him ply you with drinks and "come in for a night cap" or "come in for a minute." or "I want to show you something..." Trust has to be earned. Public date. People can see you.

I had a (at the time) new girlfriend at the house, and we were talking about collections. I wanted her to see my room, where I had my collection of vintage advertisements (designer)... but I made it 100% clear from the start that it wasn't a ploy, that I was not interested in sex... so I told her we'd wait for a few friends to show up, and then I could show everyone my collection.

I don't want a woman in my place until we've been dating for a while. That's as much for my protection as hers. I wouldn't do anything, but I don't want it to look like I could do anything.

The exception would be a group hangout where there are mutual friends coming to a party and I'm hosting. But never alone. And if he's making you uneasy, you don't have to go out with him. You might consider giving the date a chance, but be on your guard. Never leave drinks alone, don't get drunk, carry mace or some loud alarm... at some point, maybe even take a self defense class (just in case).

1|0
    0|0
  • Cancel it... the guy wants to give u some of his drinks too

1|0
    0|0
  • He could also be the second coming of christ, but both are highly unlikely. If he's being subtle about going back to his place, ignore him like you're not picking up his hints. If he's asking nicely, say, "No, but thanks for the offer!" If he's being pushy, say, "No way, Jose! I'm out dis bitch!" Keep your pepper spray and rosaries in hand in case he is an axe murderer or the second coming.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he keeps trying to steer the date to his place, he's looking for a place where he can get in your pants.

1|0
    0|0
  • He clearly wants sex. Don't doubt yourself on this one.

1|0
    0|0
  • I met a girl on line who did the same thing. I wound up dropping contact.

1|0
    0|0
  • Let him on to the fact you don't want to have eex.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go or dont go. You know he's just trying to get laid. You yours wiles ro fend him off or give in with class

0|0
    0|0
  • Set things straith like tell him that you wanna take it slow and start by knowing one another around a cup of coffee first

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes cancel

2|0
    0|0
  • He’s looking to be a hook up only.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, he is trying to set himself up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cancel and forget it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you don’t feel comfortable doing that an you’re only meeting him at a bar/restaurant or whatever. If he is really against it then call it off. Props to you for being smart about this.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Make it clear you aren’t going to his place and if he keeps pushing it then cancel.

1|1
    0|0
  • Tell him straight up. The first date should be the date you tell the guy whats not going to happen. I see it as setting boundaries and respect

1|0
    0|0
  • See him in a public space first. If he only want to take u to his place and u feel uncomfortable let it go, don't date him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would kick him to the curb.

1|1
    0|0
  • RUN AWAY

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes